Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:14 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:43 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Zorba wrote:
gkmotorsport wrote:
Meh, I call BS on this tbh. Lewis owned up to a poor start initially and then changed his tune. The new clutch regs were meant to put the start back in the hands of the driver, so where is the dividing line between 'the team set the clutch up wrong' and 'I used the clutch badly'?

Which part of "clutch malfuncion" did you not understand?

Do you not listen to F1 manager doublespeak very often? "Clutch malfunction" can describe more than an actual problem with the clutch.

See also: "Electrical issues", "Sabbatical", "Fernando is faster than you"...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:46 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
It's not like Rosberg made a great start either, indeed Vettel was alongside him into turn 1, it's just Hamilton's start was worse and made his look normal by comparison.

Yes, this is the point I am trying to make - badly, apparently. Both drivers apparently had the same clutch problem. One of them made a far worse start than the other, but Mercedes is again trying to detract from the possibility that either driver is capable of mistakes.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:32 pm 

gkmotorsport wrote:
Zorba wrote:
gkmotorsport wrote:
Meh, I call BS on this tbh. Lewis owned up to a poor start initially and then changed his tune. The new clutch regs were meant to put the start back in the hands of the driver, so where is the dividing line between 'the team set the clutch up wrong' and 'I used the clutch badly'?

Which part of "clutch malfuncion" did you not understand?

Do you not listen to F1 manager doublespeak very often? "Clutch malfunction" can describe more than an actual problem with the clutch.

See also: "Electrical issues", "Sabbatical", "Fernando is faster than you"...

Yes, but what was said was "cluth malfuncion" not wrong setup or badly cluth use, so why should I imagine something else? Even though they rarely tell the truth, we can only believe what we see and what they say.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:47 pm 

gkmotorsport wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
It's not like Rosberg made a great start either, indeed Vettel was alongside him into turn 1, it's just Hamilton's start was worse and made his look normal by comparison.

Yes, this is the point I am trying to make - badly, apparently. Both drivers apparently had the same clutch problem. One of them made a far worse start than the other, but Mercedes is again trying to detract from the possibility that either driver is capable of mistakes.

Probably. Each driver deal with clutch problem of your way, one of them can solve it better, it's possible, but the problem still in the clutch design, is a systemic defect. It's not about mistakes.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:41 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

It's a combination of both from what I've heard. It is still about mistakes because it has a very narrow optimal operating window thereby making it harder for the drivers to get it right.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:55 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Zorba wrote:
gkmotorsport wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

Probably. Each driver deal with clutch problem of your way, one of them can solve it better, it's possible, but the problem still in the clutch design, is a systemic defect. It's not about mistakes.

Rosberg had the issues already when they started the parade-lap and was able to adjust it. Lewis hit the trouble at the race start. It's like the engine program problems at Baku. Rosberg changed his engine mode before, so the team was able to give him a hint and he changed it back. Lewis stayed in the same engine mode like in the pre-race-briefing discussed, therefor he didn't know what was going on. Just read the news articles, it's pretty much all explained there in the days after the race.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:55 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Justin Time wrote:
Zorba wrote:
gkmotorsport wrote:

Rosberg had the issues already when they started the parade-lap and was able to adjust it. Lewis hit the trouble at the race start. It's like the engine program problems at Baku. Rosberg changed his engine mode before, so the team was able to give him a hint and he changed it back. Lewis stayed in the same engine mode like in the pre-race-briefing discussed, therefor he didn't know what was going on. Just read the news articles, it's pretty much all explained there in the days after the race.

Didn't know that

That makes the fact Lewis has managed to claw back a championship lead despite being much less reliable than Nico even more miraculous.

I'd love to see Nico Rosberg having to race from the back of the grid for a race to even things up (and also give us something to watch ;)
Maybe Japan, please oh Racing gods? :p

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:06 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:08 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

In 2014 it was "Get on pole, get a good start" and it still didn't help him much :p

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:34 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
there should be a third one "pray for dry weather"