TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:00 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 549 posts ]  Go to page Previous 124 25 26 27 28 Next
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:46 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

webbsy wrote:
If that wall was still there then he never would have made the move, as the angle would have been too accute and he wouldn't have been able to get around the corner. Also with the opening up of the exit of the swimming pool, specifically removing the inside barrier, that surely can't be for safety? When has a car ever hit the inside barrier on the apex? Or more specifically when has a car ever had a big off at that corner?

I can only remember Barrichello in 1999 in the Stewart and even then it wasn't a very big shunt.

Rosberg did it in 2008.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 3:53 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
bigears wrote:
Justin Time wrote:
Rosberg did in 2006 or 2007 I think.
Edit. And I think Button as well. But Im not that sure about Jenson

What about that small pile up after Sutil gone off and Petrov got involved as well? It was a massive blue balls finish at that time.

2011 right? Vettel was having a hard time with people on newer tires and that crash gave him some cooler final laps as they were authorized to change tires during red flag. I was disappointed because he could play a Senna and win the race with no tires or lose it :p

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:48 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

webbsy wrote:

I can only remember Barrichello in 1999 in the Stewart and even then it wasn't a very big shunt.

Both Ralf Schumacher and Juan Pablo Montoya crashed there in 2001, Irvine in 2002 (albeit it was due to a suspension failure), Kovalainen lost in 2009 and hit the barrier on the inside and I believe Perez in 2012 was the last one who had a crash there.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:08 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Regarding the penalty for Max, stewards didn't ask for any telemetry data. The difference in tyre degradation is dangerous, it's hard to anticipate someone braking way earlier then expected, it's basically a brake test. Ah well, at least the stewards remain consistent.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:27 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

siggy wrote:
Regarding the penalty for Max, stewards didn't ask for any telemetry data. The difference in tyre degradation is dangerous, it's hard to anticipate someone braking way earlier then expected, it's basically a brake test. Ah well, at least the stewards remain consistent.

No data?? Why?

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:35 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Would using data have made any difference?

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:48 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Why is Kimi bitching about the pass when Daniel overtook him??
He thinks he should got a penalty.
I remember in 2011 Kobayashi and Barrichello overtook there, cuz Sutil and MSC left there space and no penalties were given wich is good.
So Kimi keep the door closed and no one will overtake you there, but if you leave it open theyll go for it..

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:56 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

They probably mean Grosjean's data, to compare if he braked earlier than the previous laps. Not that it would (or should) change anything to the verdict really.

I am grateful that at this day and age drivers are able to walk away unhurt from these tiny cock-ups, and not suffer any physical consequences to their blossoming careers.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:33 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

alex1369 wrote:
Why is Kimi bitching about the pass when Daniel overtook him??
He thinks he should got a penalty.
I remember in 2011 Kobayashi and Barrichello overtook there, cuz Sutil and MSC left there space and no penalties were given wich is good.
So Kimi keep the door closed and no one will overtake you there, but if you leave it open theyll go for it..

It was extremely borderline on Danny's part for me, it was barely even front tyre to rear tyre, it was almost front wing to rear wing being snow ploughed out the way

Although I'm happy that not everything in F1 is penalised these days, especially at Monaco where it's absolutely impossible to pass, I expected the stewards to come down on that one too.

As for Max, the exact same attack mode that brought us the crash also brought us the ONLY excitement in the race prior to that.
He passed 4 cars (Maldonado early on then more after his failed pit stop) ON TRACK at Monaco showing great skill in using the lead lap car to surprise the car he was racing.
Nearly made it 5 on Grosjean at Lowes but I assume Lotus had radio'd him already telling him what Max's party trick was.

Yeah it ended in tears but he'll learn from it. And hopefully still learn how to pull the exciting moves without the crashing part.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:15 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

kals wrote:

Because taking a drivers word for it will never be proper evidence.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:40 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

micha wrote:
kals wrote:

Because taking a drivers word for it will never be proper evidence.

But in this case, perhaps the stewards were content with the evidence both drivers gave? Not every situation is like Lewis and McLaren at Australia 2009.

And in any event the likelihood is that reviewing the data wouldn't have changed or affected the end result and Max's penalty.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:04 pm 

Get rid of all penalty's regarding incidents. Let 'em have it! (just give it a try!)

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:51 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Lotus say they did give data to the stewards, which did clear Grosjean.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/119187

So, Grosjean braked five metres later and you can see Max was locked up before hitting the back of Grosjean.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:11 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gaara wrote:
[...] and you can see Max was locked up before hitting the back of Grosjean.

Yes, he lit up quite a distance before hitting. I wonder if there wasn't a slight chance that he could have avoided the Lotus had he released the brakes slightly for the car to turn in more sharply (but then having to deal with being so deep and fast into the braking zone that he may have hit or slid out anyway, just not as hard).

I remember during my 2012 visit to Monaco (two weeks prior to the GP) that the Ste Devote run-off is where you end up directly after going downstairs from the train station.
The TV camera does not give justice to just how tight it is. There is no run-off space at all. I cannot start to fathom the speed and impact such a crash represents, or all the heavy crashes that happened there for that matter (Burti, Massa, the formula 3.5...). You need to be special kind of crazy to barrel down that main straight, briefly facing that wall in excess of 290kph, right before hitting the brakes.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 6:38 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Did the TV coverage show what happened to Riccardio on the last lap? How did he end up so close to Raikkonen and Kyvat?

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 6:46 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

gd49 wrote:
Did the TV coverage show what happened to Riccardio on the last lap? How did he end up so close to Raikkonen and Kyvat?

Ricciardo was allowed to overtake Kvyat so he could attack Hamilton and Vettel as he pitted under SC and had new tyres. The deal with the team was to either overtake Hamilton or give the place back to Kvyat.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 7:29 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

kals wrote:
gd49 wrote:

Ricciardo was allowed to overtake Kvyat so he could attack Hamilton and Vettel as he pitted under SC and had new tyres. The deal with the team was to either overtake Hamilton or give the place back to Kvyat.

Thanks, I'd wondered what the team order controversy was that people were talking about. Its amazing what you miss when you're at the track!

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:06 pm 

[youtube]https://youtu.be/EVgXOxdA8v4[/youtube]

Holysh*t! Just missed it by inches... Was this shown in the regular broadcast? Can't remember... :whistling:

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:30 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ellu wrote:

Holysh*t! Just missed it by inches... Was this shown in the regular broadcast? Can't remember... :whistling:

Damn that was close!! :8:

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:34 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Whoa, there was a brief glance of it from the trackside camera, but never realised it was that close. That could have been massive.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 549 posts ]  Go to page Previous 124 25 26 27 28 Next