TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:52 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 4124 posts ]  Go to page Previous 173 74 75 76 77207 Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:56 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

Apparantly Lewis won't use #1 this season

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:37 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

kals wrote:
mclaren2008 wrote:
Something involving domestic disputes was also mentioned.

Something like this I guess?

Cora - You are Ralf, just admit it finally
Ralf - I'm not, stopping saying that
Cora - Yes you are! Everyone knows, they always have!
Ralf - Stop it! I'm calling Adrian. He understands me! [/mincesaway]

a certain banned South Park episode comes to mind.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:10 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Diageo wrote:
New livery for RedBull. Hoped for something different. Looks nice thought, but I was hoping for a radical new design.

Do not like.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:38 pm 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

Fabs wrote:
Apparantly Lewis won't use #1 this season

Probably because it doesn't line up well with his chakras.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:00 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fuck that Red Bull livery. Now Lotus, MacLaren, Red Bull and Force India (at least), have a reasonable good painting ruined by something that just doesnt fucking belong there. Oh, and the other cars are either grey or black. Oh wait, that green in Mercedes is also disgusting. Fuck this. Farting car and ugly cars, shitty tracks and awfull managers.

Still looking the races because the fight for the champ is nice and Williams is great, and I always did watch....

Oh, that Williams is also ruined, by it's nose design.

Thank god for Nascar. Or curse it, and the internet. Back in the day, with only F1. I'm probably just dying for the season to start. Hating the sounds, but looking very forward.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:26 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

I actually like a lot of the cars this year in their design.

Liveries I can take or leave but the Mercedes, Red Bull, Ferrari and, shock horror, I know this won't go down well, but the Mclaren look really good to my eyes, chassis appearance wise.
Indeed the best combination of chassis and livery to my brain might even be the Mclaren atm, with Merc a close second.
Plz dnt h8 or cast me off the forum in disgrace :ohmy:

I mean, it looks like we'll be going either another 2014 with a 2 way Merc battle or even potentially another 2011 with Hamilton as the Vettel if Merc can run reliably and he can drive more relaxed and stop self-pressuring now he has 2 titles in the bag, but at least we won't be watching ugly penis or stepped noses while that happens.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:22 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yeah, chassiwise is titties, but the one I used to love the most, dat williams.....

Probably boring:title fight and races up front. But F1 is about car development, so much change in a 3 year spam. I think beside 07/08, all the seasons were very diferent in some way ever since.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:10 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Alonso will not race in Melbourne on medical advice.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:10 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Alonso won't race in Australia.

McLaren statement:
Quote:
Having performed an exhaustive series of tests and scans – some of them as recently as yesterday evening – McLaren-Honda driver Fernando Alonso’s doctors have informed him that they find him asymptomatic of any medical issue; that they see no evidence whatsoever of any injury; and that they therefore describe him as entirely healthy from neurological and cardiac perspectives alike.

However, Fernando’s doctors have recommended to him that, following the concussion he sustained in a testing accident at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya on February 22nd, for the time being he should seek to limit as far as is possible any environmental risk factors that could potentially result in his sustaining another concussion so soon after his previous one, so as to minimise the chances of second impact syndrome, as is normal medical procedure when treating athletes after concussions.

In order to limit those environmental risk factors, specifically, his doctors have advised that he should not compete in the imminent Australian Grand Prix meeting, which will take place on March 13th, 14th and 15th.

Fernando has understood and accepted that advice, and the two McLaren-Honda cars will therefore be driven in Australia by Fernando’s team-mate Jenson Button and the team’s test and reserve driver Kevin Magnussen.

Fernando’s doctors acknowledge that he feels fit and well, and that he regards himself as ready to race, and, that being the case, they are comfortable with the fact that he has already recommenced physical training, with a view to preparing for a return to the cockpit of his McLaren-Honda car for the Malaysian Grand Prix meeting on March 27th, 28th and 29th. Indeed, his doctors are supportive of that ambition, satisfied as they are that he sustained no damage whatsoever during his testing accident on February 22nd.

All at McLaren-Honda fully support Fernando’s decision in respect of his doctors’ advice.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:18 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Sounds pretty murky to me. However a that's means Mags should be back behind the McLaren Honda car.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:32 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

wait, now he HAS a concussion??

Is the media fucking it up by feeding us misinformation, is someone failing in sending out proper info or is this whole situation fishy?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:46 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This reminds me a bit of the Montoya (bike/tennis) incident in 2005, that was also kinda fishy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:46 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

Alonso was playing pocket-tennis in the car, that's why he crashed.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:50 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Alonsos fine. Nothing major, just a regular testing accident, jeeze you pesky media guys blowing things all out of proportion. So he is just being kept in hospital for three days, no biggie cause he is fine, no injury sustained at all, wasn't even knocked out. Jeeze you media guys AGAIN! So he is missing testing, how many times do we have to say it, he is fine. Ahhh AGAIN you pesky media guys, he is only missing the first race of our new partnership cause he is FINE! Nothing wrong with him. Ahhh AGAIN you media guys planting stories and blowing this WAY out of proportion with your wacky conspiricy theories, how do you come up with this stuff? He has been declared medically fine, THERE IS LITERALLY NOTHING WRONG WITH HIM.....but he's not racing in Melbourne, cause hes fine.

McLaren's actual internal dialoug.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:05 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Quote:
they find him asymptomatic of any medical issue; that they see no evidence whatsoever of any injury; and that they therefore describe him as entirely healthy from neurological and cardiac perspectives alike

In my world, that looks like he is fine to race...

It just makes no sense, this whole story of the crash, concussion, hospital, missing testing and now missing the first race.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:13 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well they say no injury, but illness?

I have wondered if they found something and Alonso wants to keep it private. But thats just speculating.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:20 pm 

It's a shame that Alonso won't be in Melbourne to race next week, but lets be realistic. He's not going to miss out on much - the team will most likely struggle to get both cars home.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:38 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The issue is if he suffered a second concussion, it could lead to serious complications. Physically, he is fine. But the brain is complex and we're still learning a lot about it.

By the time the Australian GP happens it'll almost be at the 21 day recommended period, but it's better to err on the side of caution.

There's no conspiracy going on, whatever people like to think.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:39 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Gaara wrote:
Well they say no injury, but illness?

I have wondered if they found something and Alonso wants to keep it private. But thats just speculating.

Yes I always felt he was never cured of the debilitating illness "Fuckrondenissoveragainus". I mean he puts on a brave face....but.....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:42 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

micha wrote:
wait, now he HAS a concussion??

Is the media fucking it up by feeding us misinformation, is someone failing in sending out proper info or is this whole situation fishy?

The genuine, trustworthy media will only report anything from McLaren or senior figures within McLaren.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 4124 posts ]  Go to page Previous 173 74 75 76 77207 Next