TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 3:06 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 4124 posts ]  Go to page Previous 175 76 77 78 79207 Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:11 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Scotty wrote:
Alonso actually died in the crash and they replaced him with a clone but the clone isn't quite ready so they're giving him more simulation time to get prepared.

some say he's wanted by the CIA, and he sleeps upside down like a bat...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:54 pm 

tbh I think it is clear that he got electrocuted and had a heart attack.... it is obvious they will never say that or acknowledge that.

But ... what if that happends again...?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:06 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor

I've read he's actually fed up with F1 because it's shite and he's just going to race Le Mans while Mclaren pay him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:20 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

nascarf1indycar wrote:
tbh I think it is clear that he got electrocuted and had a heart attack.... it is obvious they will never say that or acknowledge that.

But ... what if that happends again...?

Clear, eh? I'd *love* to read the evidence for that...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:22 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

StefMeister wrote:
Alonso won't race in Australia.

McLaren statement:
Quote:
Having performed an exhaustive series of tests and scans – some of them as recently as yesterday evening – McLaren-Honda driver Fernando Alonso’s doctors have informed him that they find him asymptomatic of any medical issue; that they see no evidence whatsoever of any injury; and that they therefore describe him as entirely healthy from neurological and cardiac perspectives alike.

However, Fernando’s doctors have recommended to him that, following the concussion he sustained in a testing accident at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya on February 22nd, for the time being he should seek to limit as far as is possible any environmental risk factors that could potentially result in his sustaining another concussion so soon after his previous one, so as to minimise the chances of second impact syndrome, as is normal medical procedure when treating athletes after concussions.

In order to limit those environmental risk factors, specifically, his doctors have advised that he should not compete in the imminent Australian Grand Prix meeting, which will take place on March 13th, 14th and 15th.

Fernando has understood and accepted that advice, and the two McLaren-Honda cars will therefore be driven in Australia by Fernando’s team-mate Jenson Button and the team’s test and reserve driver Kevin Magnussen.

Fernando’s doctors acknowledge that he feels fit and well, and that he regards himself as ready to race, and, that being the case, they are comfortable with the fact that he has already recommenced physical training, with a view to preparing for a return to the cockpit of his McLaren-Honda car for the Malaysian Grand Prix meeting on March 27th, 28th and 29th. Indeed, his doctors are supportive of that ambition, satisfied as they are that he sustained no damage whatsoever during his testing accident on February 22nd.

All at McLaren-Honda fully support Fernando’s decision in respect of his doctors’ advice.

If you were looking for conspiracy, the first paragraph of the McLaren statement is weird. Why were they looking for a medical issue if he only had concussion from the crash? Why not just say that he was concussed from the crash and therefore isn't safe to race in Melbourne? You could think they were looking for a medical cause of the crash, as you'd think if the cars telemetry showed why the crash occurred McLaren would have said something by now.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:24 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NVirkkula wrote:
Few questions remains a mystery to me.

Why there's only one skid mark before the car left the track? It's relatively long one too. If Alonso lost it in already reduced speed, then how come the impacts were so big and spread out?

I haven't seen the skid mark on the track, but it has since been reported that he lost it at 130-odd mph. Even hitting the wall at half that could put the impacts dozens of feet apart.

NVirkkula wrote:
15Gs were measured from Alonso's ear plug sensor. Is there a comparison of what 15Gs means in terms of concussion or brain injury? I know the brain is very sensitive for even the smallest hits, like falling down and landing on your head can kill you sensitive. But where is 15Gs compared to that?

Probably one for Gary Hartstein, but 15g to the head is pretty huge, especially when it's measured after the helmet and cockpit padding absorb the impact. The average male brain weighs 1.3kg, so that's an effective weight of around 19.5kg hitting the inside of his skull.

NVirkkula wrote:
Finally. Would Alonso use the crash as an excuse to avoid driving? I highly doubt that, but since the whole accident and media announcements seems to lack consistency (as is McLaren-Honda), is there more than just a unfortunate hit to the head? The rumor has it that Fernando was out for a while and afterwards thought he was driving a Ferrari at the time of the crash.

I don't think contemporary Alonso is like that at all. He joined McLaren knowing that this is a team dragging itself up from the bottom, so I don't think he could have been that discouraged with the car.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:26 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

gd49 wrote:
StefMeister wrote:
Alonso won't race in Australia.

McLaren statement:
Quote:
Having performed an exhaustive series of tests and scans – some of them as recently as yesterday evening – McLaren-Honda driver Fernando Alonso’s doctors have informed him that they find him asymptomatic of any medical issue; that they see no evidence whatsoever of any injury; and that they therefore describe him as entirely healthy from neurological and cardiac perspectives alike.

However, Fernando’s doctors have recommended to him that, following the concussion he sustained in a testing accident at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya on February 22nd, for the time being he should seek to limit as far as is possible any environmental risk factors that could potentially result in his sustaining another concussion so soon after his previous one, so as to minimise the chances of second impact syndrome, as is normal medical procedure when treating athletes after concussions.

In order to limit those environmental risk factors, specifically, his doctors have advised that he should not compete in the imminent Australian Grand Prix meeting, which will take place on March 13th, 14th and 15th.

Fernando has understood and accepted that advice, and the two McLaren-Honda cars will therefore be driven in Australia by Fernando’s team-mate Jenson Button and the team’s test and reserve driver Kevin Magnussen.

Fernando’s doctors acknowledge that he feels fit and well, and that he regards himself as ready to race, and, that being the case, they are comfortable with the fact that he has already recommenced physical training, with a view to preparing for a return to the cockpit of his McLaren-Honda car for the Malaysian Grand Prix meeting on March 27th, 28th and 29th. Indeed, his doctors are supportive of that ambition, satisfied as they are that he sustained no damage whatsoever during his testing accident on February 22nd.

All at McLaren-Honda fully support Fernando’s decision in respect of his doctors’ advice.

If you were looking for conspiracy, the first paragraph of the McLaren statement is weird. Why were they looking for a medical issue if he only had concussion from the crash? Why not just say that he was concussed from the crash and therefore isn't safe to race in Melbourne? You could think they were looking for a medical cause of the crash, as you'd think if the cars telemetry showed why the crash occurred McLaren would have said something by now.

I read that as "We know he's physically ok now, but the risks of second impact syndrome as just too high". Typically poor McLaren wording!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:37 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

I'm so bored of this now.....

Hurry up Melbourne lets get some new stories on the go....Get us past this quicksand of Alonso rumour mongering.

I'm sure as soon as the cars hit the track in Melbourne then the media will forget all this and no further word will be said about it.

*cough*

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:28 pm 

let's hope for a flip in the race

oh wait this isn't nascar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:29 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fabs wrote:

With great Maldonado comes great possibilities

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:30 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Tell me about the chances of rain, it's only 2 weeks away after all, we're far too late with our 100% accurate weather forecast after all.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:45 pm 

no rain :(

I've got a belgian friend in Melbourne this year, LIVE UPDATES ZOMG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:44 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

i just can't be arsed to care about this mclaren-alonso charade.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:27 am 

RIP Alonso never forget

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:47 am 

De Cesaris fan wrote:
Then when he had his accident at Indy, he suffered another concussion. I think another big accident after this would have been very dangerous, so he sat out several more races.

He suffered 2 broken bones in his back, so he missed those races due to that....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:07 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Fabs wrote:
RIP Alonso never cared

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:21 pm 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

kals wrote:
Fabs wrote:

Perez and Massa are competing as well

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:26 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Tobias wrote:
kals wrote:
Fabs wrote:

Perez and Massa are competing as well

Don't forget Nasr! He managed to crash in an incredibly amateurish way during the Barcelona tests!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:45 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Martin Brundle's ultimate circuit:
https://corporate.sky.com/media-centre/ ... 15-circuit

And confirmation that Sky will offer 8 extra OnBoard feeds this year, Providing you have an ipad (Which I don't):
Quote:
Also new for this season, Sky Sports F1® will be able to offer eight individual on board feeds from different cars on the Race Control iPad app, making a total offering of up to 14 individual live streams including driver and pit lane cameras, and data streams to watch on split-screen.

Sadly looks like they have scrapped having the extra feeds on there website so i'll not be able to watch the OnBoard-Mix alongside the main coverage for the Sky exclusive races :(

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:52 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Do you guys know if there is a site available with race results from every Formula Two(the old version) season? That is, 1967-1984?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 4124 posts ]  Go to page Previous 175 76 77 78 79207 Next