TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 3:40 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2702 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1130 131 132 133 134136 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:19 am 
Vettel easily, with an honourable mention to Bourdais who drove the wheels off his car, doing similar laptimes on a heavier strategy - if only the car had gotten off the grid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:43 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Vettel for sure!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:49 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

That is one of the best drives ive seen from a driver. Vettel is a true talent and will win championships in the future!

I reckon red bull next season, with webber and vettel, webber has the experiance, but i strongly believe Vettel will take him to the cleaners and might be webbers last season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:52 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

10 because of vettel, 8 because of the racing action, so i voted a Solid 8!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:20 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

scotty wrote:
I dont want to take anything away from him, but being at the front helped him no-end. Qualifying (and the safety car start) are what won him the race.

You are right, but he is in a Toro Rosso and he was pulling away easily from a Mclaren. I think Webber is a good driver, but hes going to have to watch out for Vettel next season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:28 am 
What the hell happened to Massa after the first pit stop? He seemed to lose a ridiculous amount of time there, but the cameras didn't catch a trip through the gravel or anything like that. He was driving a pretty solid race till that point, and came into the pits at the same time as Heikki and Mark, but came out behind a train of slow cars and was stuck there for the rest of the GP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:01 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

jdh wrote:
I agree ryan. Hill's final season was a complete mess, he retired a perfectly healthy car from his last race - not a good way to go out.

Coulthard's average season in 2008 doesn't really compare to Hill's 1999.

Damon was an arse in general. Spent his entire career bitching about team orders, then asked for them to be implemented when it suited him. Now hes ripping into Kimi for having a poor year and being unmotivated, despite his last year at the wheel.

No wonder Silverstone isn't going anywhere under this mans direction. He isn't as much of a gentleman as some people like to remember.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:41 am 

Vettel ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:46 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Who voted Fisichella? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:15 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

scotty wrote:
the most 1-sided poll we've ever had i think.

Well it was quite clear who the driver of the day was :p It probably was even the drive of the year!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:39 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

A really dominate drive by Vettel. It was good but well I think the spray help him win this one. Nice to see Minar...Toro Rosso win there first GP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:51 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Had to be the Kettle tbh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:05 pm 
Damon is almost more irritating now as a pundit than he was as a driver, and that is coming from a Schuey fan. Some of the comments from Hill over the past few years, especially in regards to the FIA's treatment of the McLaren spy scandal, where completely off the wall, and totally without merit. There was more of that after last weekend's race. It doesn't surprise me that he's having a crack at Raikkonen, as has been mentioned in this thread, double standards (team orders etc) aren't an issue when he's arguing a point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:24 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

The day after I just realize how nice yesterdays victory by Vettel actually is :eyecrazy: This is just fantastic, for him, but also for the team and the sport :) That little guy made history :) Great to see him win, I really hope he will win more and more. I'm starting to support Vettel more and more (besides kimi, who's still my number 1 8)

Vettel,, :thumbsup:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:17 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner

It was mentioned that this race had this sesaons 3 first time winners on the podium. The same ocurred on the 2003 Brazil GP podium, though of course only one person had actually won a GP at that point. :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:41 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Silverstone 1995 had similar situation as Brazil 2003. Herbert took his first victory, followed by Alesi (who had won month earlier) and DC (who would won later in the year)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:44 pm 

What impresses me is the fact Vettel has "only" 88% of votes here. I thought it could be at least 95%. 8O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:54 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

verde20074 wrote:
What impresses me is the fact Vettel has "only" 88% of votes here. I thought it could be at least 95%. 8O

3 people voted for Fisichella, Kubica and Hamilton both had a good race so also a few votes for them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:35 pm 

Location: Stuttgart, Germany___ [joined TBK: Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:49 pm, had 1736 posts]
The big question is which car will be faster next year: Red Bull or Torro Rosso? Niki Lauda raised this important question because it seems the Ferrari powered Torro Rosso could be better than the mother team.

Are Red Bull going to have Renault engines next year, too?
-For Mateschitz, the owner of Red Bull it would make more sense to keep his best driver in the fastest car!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:49 pm 

Evenstar wrote:
Apparently Kimi had a dry setup for the race, Italian tv said. Well duh.

apparently everyone from the front teams were in a dry setup, except Mclarens. Ferraris and BMW were much slower than Hamilton while it still was wet, in the end they were faster. Lewis race was not that fanstastic though, considering a top team car in the right setup.
cookie wrote:
Alonso should go to Torro Rosso next year, best choice for him if he wants to get back into a racewinning car.

Have you ever heard of BMW?
jdh wrote:
Artur Craft wrote:
Can someone confirm if Hamilton had setup for wet while the 10 firsts didn't :?

As far as I know everyone had dry set-ups. And the Q1 and Q2 runners can change fuel load etc. but can't make massive set-up changes when they get eliminated. They certainly couldn't have changed from dry to wet set-up for example.

Thanks for your response ;) so I'm confused now, I've been reading in many places that Hamilton overtook so much because he could change all the car's setup. I really need to be an expert in F1 rules, for next year I'll do that.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2702 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1130 131 132 133 134136 Next