TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 3:32 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous 173 74 75 76 77 Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:37 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

andrewf1 wrote:
Alex wrote:
Webber has been a ridulously aggressive blocker for many years now, Fernando Alonso being a victim on more than one occasion. Even by modern F1 standards his blocking seems a bit silly and sometimes quite dangerous.

It's called racing. It's hard, it's also fair, and we don't see enough of it to be honest.

I agree with you 100%. They dont even touch wheels anymore, back 10-30 years ago ect, they used to hit, bump, block and do all sorts of things to win a place or hold a place, these days, if you touch someone in the slightest way, you get a penalty.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:16 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

RtN wrote:
Webber blocking in Japan?

Surely not...

That wasn't a block either.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:20 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I give it to Nelsinho, because his race was excellent comparing to his usual performance. Ok, the Renault itself shows remarkable improvement currently, but the psychic pressure is always a sensitive factor for the young Brazilian, and now he handled everything well.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:36 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

julio wrote:
RtN wrote:
Webber blocking in Japan?

Surely not...

That wasn't a block either.

OT: Just be grateful you didn't understand the utter nonsense that the worst F1 commentary team on TV were saying.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:59 pm 
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/ ... /8530.html

First time I see F1.com is dubious about the decisions. More I look, more I see conspiracy there, which is towards Ferrari favoritism. :o

The Bourdais' 25s is making me especially disgusted.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:12 pm 
Aare wrote:
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2008/10/8530.html

First time I see F1.com is dubious about the decisions. More I look, more I see conspiracy there, which is towards Ferrari favoritism. :o

Actually, all that did for me was make Massa's penalty look a little stupid. He was a lot more alongside than I thought, and he was really trying to avoid hitting Hamilton, I means most of his car was on the curbs. It looked much more like a racing incident.

The Bourdais penalty looks about right. From the onboard you can see Massa actually goes past him on the straight, so he probably thought he was completely clear going into the corner. Bourdais tried to outbrake him coming out of the pits which is pretty stupid. I wish they would've shown the incident from Bourdais' onboard, because that would've actually shown what happened.

The Hamilton penalty I actually don't really get. Yeah, he shoved Raikkonen and really a lot of the field off the track, but I've never seen them penalize someone for that before. Since when has that been grounds for a penalty rather than just a reprimand?

Either way, hat's off to F1.com for putting that footage up - that's very cool. Thanks for the link, too.

EDIT: Now that I watch it again and think about it, I think the grounds for the Hamilton penalty came from the fact that he gained a huge advantage from it. He shoved Raikkonen off - who was P1 but fell back to what, P8? - and immediately went challenging for the lead again. Hamilton didn't lose much ground at all, but Raikkonen lost a lot. That makes sense enough for me, anyway, to think it was a reasonable penalty.

Last edited by keijo2 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:17 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aare wrote:
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2008/10/8530.html

The first time that site actually posts something interesting (and the race highlight vids offcourse). They should have added a poll though.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:30 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner

I still stand by my opinion that there should have been no penalties given. The one nearest is the Massa/Hamilton incident and I can't decide whether Massa is taking the line he did because of to actually overtake Hamilton or an "Oh shit, I'm going to hit him" manouvre.

Last edited by ryan86 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:32 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

That's interesting about the Bourdais/Massa incident. I guess the way the stewards decided seeing that footage was that Bourdais should have backed off. Maybe he could have?

Like what Brundle said with the Massa/Hamilton incident, Hamilton could have given him room because anyone could see that Massa was going to get alongside again. I never realised that Massa was in fact that far alongside.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:36 pm 
Gaara wrote:
Like what Brundle said with the Massa/Hamilton incident, Hamilton could have given him room because anyone could see that Massa was going to get alongside again. I never realised that Massa was in fact that far alongside.

Yeah, that was definitely the biggest shock of all. Both of them kind of screwed up, so just racing incident for sure. I now completely agree with the Bourdais penalty, and kind of understand the Hamilton penalty though I'm not sure I really agree with it.

If there were no penalties at all, Hamilton would still be out of the points, Massa would be on the podium, and Bourdais wouldn't have even been in a position to hit Massa. However, people would still be claiming Ferrari preference because they didn't penalize Massa. Either way, the fans wouldn't be happy, because in general F1 fans suck.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:13 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Thank you ( 8O ) FOM and F1.com

Now I can understand Hamilton's penalty much better. I don't know about the other 2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:53 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Look at Hamilton's tyre. I think he never was able to do 15 laps on that tyre. So, that must be the reason of his first stop.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:57 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Regiotap wrote:
Look at Hamilton's tyre. I think he never was able to do 15 laps on that tyre. So, that must be the reason of his first stop.

If he wasn't spun by Massa he probably could have done a few more laps than what he did in the race. If the tires were totally shot he would have pitted on lap 1, not lap 2 after being spun by Massa.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:03 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeaa he only stopped because of being spun, he'd have probably carried on and maybe the tyre would have exploded on him.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:31 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Regiotap wrote:

he totally ruined his tire in T1
look here
he flat spotted his tire pretty good and i dont think this was because of the spin. So, i guess he would have pitted in L1 for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:32 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

he mustve really heated those green grooves.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:35 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

D A wrote:
If he wasn't spun by Massa he probably could have done a few more laps than what he did in the race. If the tires were totally shot he would have pitted on lap 1, not lap 2 after being spun by Massa.

Or when he was 9 seconds slower than the others, like in Shanghai last year. :p

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:23 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

keijo2 wrote:

The Bourdais penalty looks about right. From the onboard you can see Massa actually goes past him on the straight, so he probably thought he was completely clear going into the corner. Bourdais tried to outbrake him coming out of the pits which is pretty stupid. I wish they would've shown the incident from Bourdais' onboard, because that would've actually shown what happened.

I wouldn't say Massa is past, he's ahead entering the braking zone but his car definately isn't fully past Bourdais' car, so he still needed to leave Bourdais some space on the apex, which he didn't. It looks like Bourdais actually went up onto the kerb trying to avoid Massa, which might have bounced the Toro Rosso wider into Massa. Still think Massa needed to leave Bourdais more space, but I guess the angles that would give the best view, like an overhead or a forward facing onboard don't exist.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:14 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

SFM wrote:
he flat spotted his tire pretty good and i dont think this was because of the spin. So, i guess he would have pitted in L1 for sure.

Yeah, there is no way that flat spot would occur in a spin like Hamilton's.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:04 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Even with that new video on f1.com, I still think the Bourdais incident decision is totally ridiculous.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous 173 74 75 76 77 Next