TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 7:44 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous 173 74 75 76 77 Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:58 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

keijo2 wrote:
Aare wrote:
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2008/10/8530.html

First time I see F1.com is dubious about the decisions. More I look, more I see conspiracy there, which is towards Ferrari favoritism. :o

The Bourdais' 25s is making me especially disgusted.

Actually, all that did for me was make Massa's penalty look a little stupid. He was a lot more alongside than I thought, and he was really trying to avoid hitting Hamilton, I means most of his car was on the curbs. It looked much more like a racing incident.

The Bourdais penalty looks about right. From the onboard you can see Massa actually goes past him on the straight, so he probably thought he was completely clear going into the corner. Bourdais tried to outbrake him coming out of the pits which is pretty stupid. I wish they would've shown the incident from Bourdais' onboard, because that would've actually shown what happened.

The Hamilton penalty I actually don't really get. Yeah, he shoved Raikkonen and really a lot of the field off the track, but I've never seen them penalize someone for that before. Since when has that been grounds for a penalty rather than just a reprimand?

Either way, hat's off to F1.com for putting that footage up - that's very cool. Thanks for the link, too.

EDIT: Now that I watch it again and think about it, I think the grounds for the Hamilton penalty came from the fact that he gained a huge advantage from it. He shoved Raikkonen off - who was P1 but fell back to what, P8? - and immediately went challenging for the lead again. Hamilton didn't lose much ground at all, but Raikkonen lost a lot. That makes sense enough for me, anyway, to think it was a reasonable penalty.

F1 fans, they only believe what FOM tell them...

Of course FOM chose those angles for the highlight clip to back up the penalty decision (like the only angle of the Bourdais-Massa being Massas rear cam..so it looks like Bourdais is bearing down on us and hitting us when in reality it's Massa who is squeezing the Torro Rosso and Charlie Whiting stated previously that the pit exiting car has the right of way...) it's their job to sell the sport and if there was an angle that cast doubt on any of the penalites you can bet it was deleted immediately.
(I'm not saying they're biased one way or another but they're there to sell the sport rather than one driver or another so if the sport looks stupid they'll do their best to repair the damage...)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:42 am 
I'm too stupid to think for myself I need them to think for me.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:55 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

codename_47 wrote:
Of course FOM chose those angles for the highlight clip to back up the penalty decision (like the only angle of the Bourdais-Massa being Massas rear cam..so it looks like Bourdais is bearing down on us and hitting us when in reality it's Massa who is squeezing the Torro Rosso and Charlie Whiting stated previously that the pit exiting car has the right of way...) it's their job to sell the sport and if there was an angle that cast doubt on any of the penalites you can bet it was deleted immediately.
(I'm not saying they're biased one way or another but they're there to sell the sport rather than one driver or another so if the sport looks stupid they'll do their best to repair the damage...)

Then why have the blue lights flashing and the white lines if they have right of way? And why don't drivers who cut across an exiting car get a penalty then?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:08 am 

Nice Video FIA/FOM :)

Flat Spot 'ted .. green helps :p

Watch Heikki closely :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:04 am 
Australian - All the animals look so strange
Australian - All the animals look so strange

So why didn't Heikki get the same penalty as Hamilton anyway?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:36 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Nick78 wrote:
The problem I have with Hamilton's penalty is that people are disadvantaged by other drivers' mistakes in turn 1 of races all the time. This penalty doesn't seem to have a precedent. Also, is it one rule for the leaders and another for backmarkers? Will we see penalties handed out when p16 brakes late and pushes p15 wide?

people got "run off" wide at the back at japan itself infact.

i feel they are just trying to engineer the championship. not necessarily any bias involved. they just want it to go down to the wire. and they kinda succeeded. they got kubica back in.

thats my conspiracy theory.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:18 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

He killed his tyres so badly, just shows how non-experianced he is. If he was so "Senna" or whatever the ITV commentaitors call him, Senna would never of done that just to stay infront of everyone, Senna would just stay 2nd and then pass the leader within the end of the race. Instead Hamilton just did whatever it took to lead the race, which he failed in doing and ended up 7th with killed tyres.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:18 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

matthew wrote:
people got "run off" wide at the back at japan itself infact.

i feel they are just trying to engineer the championship. not necessarily any bias involved. they just want it to go down to the wire. and they kinda succeeded. they got kubica back in.

thats my conspiracy theory.

I agree. The races are relatively boring so they add 'excitement' to the championship. Perhaps they wouldn't have done it if Massa was ahead, but that's hard to imagine.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:40 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

keijo2 wrote:
Aare wrote:
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2008/10/8530.html

First time I see F1.com is dubious about the decisions. More I look, more I see conspiracy there, which is towards Ferrari favoritism. :o

The Bourdais' 25s is making me especially disgusted.

Actually, all that did for me was make Massa's penalty look a little stupid. He was a lot more alongside than I thought, and he was really trying to avoid hitting Hamilton, I means most of his car was on the curbs. It looked much more like a racing incident.

The Bourdais penalty looks about right. From the onboard you can see Massa actually goes past him on the straight, so he probably thought he was completely clear going into the corner. Bourdais tried to outbrake him coming out of the pits which is pretty stupid. I wish they would've shown the incident from Bourdais' onboard, because that would've actually shown what happened.

The Hamilton penalty I actually don't really get. Yeah, he shoved Raikkonen and really a lot of the field off the track, but I've never seen them penalize someone for that before. Since when has that been grounds for a penalty rather than just a reprimand?

Either way, hat's off to F1.com for putting that footage up - that's very cool. Thanks for the link, too.

EDIT: Now that I watch it again and think about it, I think the grounds for the Hamilton penalty came from the fact that he gained a huge advantage from it. He shoved Raikkonen off - who was P1 but fell back to what, P8? - and immediately went challenging for the lead again. Hamilton didn't lose much ground at all, but Raikkonen lost a lot. That makes sense enough for me, anyway, to think it was a reasonable penalty.

In my opinion Massa's penalty was most deserved of the three. From his onboard it is clear he had lost the place, but left his car in a stupid place for the second part of the chicane. Definitely avoidable, he should have backed off.

IMO Hamilton's penalty was harsh. He made a mistake by locking up, and went wide. Loads of cars do this, why aren't they punished? Kovalienen did the same and also pushed Raikkonen wide, but no penalty. The stewards really should take into account that the brakes and tyres are cold, and that mistakes like that can happen.

Bourdais's penalty was completely undeserved IMO. He arrived at the corner side by side, kept to the inside, didn't run Massa out wide or anything. I mean what was he meant to do? Disappear?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:47 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Well said. :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:49 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

When I read "What do you think" on F1.com I thought fans might add their opinions, but nooooooo. They probably knew all the fanboys would go apeshit at each other (maybe the had a look at the F1 Threads here :p ). Should have added a poll.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:07 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

8. It was a good race with lots of overtaking and general incidents. The Massa/Hamilton thing added to the drama.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:21 am 
Champion GIF Maker
Champion GIF Maker

The race is averaging 7.37 so far

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:45 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:54 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The steering wheel is facing towards his right side...

Is that your point?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:57 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

julio wrote:
IMO Hamilton's penalty was harsh. He made a mistake by locking up, and went wide. Loads of cars do this, why aren't they punished? Kovalienen did the same and also pushed Raikkonen wide, but no penalty. The stewards really should take into account that the brakes and tyres are cold, and that mistakes like that can happen.

Yeah but Hamilton should be more aware that the fact the brakes and tyres are cold so he should have approached the first corner with caution.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:59 pm 
bigears wrote:

Is that your point?

Yeah, and also for someone who "didn't have much room", that's a heck of a lot of kerb he's not using

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:05 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

JB-F1 wrote:
bigears wrote:

Is that your point?

Yeah, and also for someone who "didn't have much room", that's a heck of a lot of kerb he's not using

He's catching his oversteer caused by the contact genius.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:08 pm 
Barre wrote:
JB-F1 wrote:
bigears wrote:

Is that your point?

You guessed correctly

(you bastard, I wanted to use that for fanboy bait)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:27 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

JB-F1 wrote:
Barre wrote:
JB-F1 wrote:

You guessed correctly

(you bastard, I wanted to use that for fanboy bait)

your just as bad as any fanboy then.
Anyone who has watched the footage can see those was no intent considering his steering wheel was in other direction 90% of the time going for an ever closing gap.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous 173 74 75 76 77 Next