TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Who most deserved ?
Poll ended at Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:44 am
Hamilton 50%  50%  [ 70 ]
Massa 50%  50%  [ 70 ]
Total votes: 140
 Post subject: Re: Who most deserved ?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:02 pm 

Hamilton

to all those who are whining that Hamilton is a dirty driver, its F1 for f*cks sake! One minute you're all whining that theres no action then when someone dares to make a bold move he's an asshole? Its meant to be a race, look back at how close the racing used to be between the front runners, and they baulked each other off the track all the time.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:51 pm 

But I have to agree partly with JB-F1
The spin at Malaysia made him look like one of the "monkeys" Niki Lauda called new age drivers unable to drive a car without those little helpers. Silverstone as well
On the other hand he had some great performances in wet conditions
Never the less two clear brain fades this season on his side - and more from Ferrari

But I'd say the title decision was Ferrari's pitstop release light system - a lollipop would've helped at Singapore.
The lights were to high placed and once started no chance to see it change to red again. Simply slam the lollipop in front of his face and it's a matter of a 5sec delay

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:02 am 

Asmer wrote:
Hamilton is more talented than Massa?
Tell me why?

Race craft. They're both quick enough to win grands prix, we've seen that already, Hamilton as a racer is where he's so much more talented, than anyone. I mean just look at Massa vs Hamilton at Germany this year, that was a fight not only for second place, but a fight for the lead of the WDC (at the time). And you could see, Massa hardly even knew what he was doing! Goes defensive and then just opens the door...candy from a baby for Lewis.

And that's just one of many examples where Lewis has owned Massa in on track racing situations.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:13 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Nick78 wrote:
Omega wrote:
Kubica

Serious

Hell no. His performances in the last two races were nothing short of embarassing.

because BMW couldn't care anymore. It's not that Heidfeld was doing a better job.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:11 pm 
Omega wrote:
Nick78 wrote:
Omega wrote:
Kubica

Serious

Hell no. His performances in the last two races were nothing short of embarassing.

because BMW couldn't care anymore. It's not that Heidfeld was doing a better job.

I think you might want to rethink that given that Nick outqualified and beat Robert in both those races

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:43 pm 

Nick Heidfeld has completed every race this season ;) and last retirement was 2007 US GP! 28 Race 8)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:28 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Hamilton on his own..He was on his own because there are Team Hamilton not Mclaren..They did all they can, to not give same good car to Heikki..Like Heikki said, they even put tires wrong at some GP..There was nothing Heikki can do

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:20 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

zack wrote:
Nick Heidfeld has completed every race this season ;) and last retirement was 2007 US GP! 28 Race 8)

Actually he retired at Fuji last year but was classified. But anyway, he has great finishing streak.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:54 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Asmer wrote:
Hamilton on his own..He was on his own because there are Team Hamilton not Mclaren..They did all they can, to not give same good car to Heikki..Like Heikki said, they even put tires wrong at some GP..There was nothing Heikki can do

I don't agree that they did it to that extent, but if you think they did then how does that differ from Ferrari between 1996 and 2006?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:47 pm 

Dave wrote:
Hamilton

to all those who are whining that Hamilton is a dirty driver, its F1 for f*cks sake! One minute you're all whining that theres no action then when someone dares to make a bold move he's an asshole? Its meant to be a race, look back at how close the racing used to be between the front runners, and they baulked each other off the track all the time.

+1
Just look at what Farina used to do ... and that was considered racing too.
I mean, other times, off course, but racing is racing, as far as you don´t start to kill each other, and Hamilton never even came close to think about such a thing, I´m sure.

This poll is pointless, in my opinion, it´s not a matter of deserving, it´s a matter of being the champion according to the rules. You don´t think Senna´s championship was fair, even having less points then Prost, back in, when was it, 1988 or something? Rules are rules, there are no IFs. IMO.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:54 pm 
Eddie Jordan

Massa

He was robbed in Hungary.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:06 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner

I was quite impressed with some of Massa's manouvres in Canada. Also, maybe it's the car, but on occasions when Hamilton has found himself out of position, I haven't been overly impressed. Take Bahrain, where rather than just overtaking the driver and moving on, he got frustrated and started gesticulating. On other occasions he just appears to have made no headway at all.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:16 pm 

cawinkler wrote:
Just look at what Farina used to do ... and that was considered racing too.
I mean, other times, off course, but racing is racing, as far as you don´t start to kill each other, and Hamilton never even came close to think about such a thing, I´m sure.

If you were after examples of hard racers who didn't kill others, maybe you could have done better than Farina......

Dave's post was spot on. I'm just waiting now for someone to say Heidfeld deserves it most because of his nice safe consistent, 100% finishing record. No wins of course, but so what?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:18 pm 

cawinkler wrote:
This poll is pointless, in my opinion, it´s not a matter of deserving, it´s a matter of being the champion according to the rules. You don´t think Senna´s championship was fair, even having less points then Prost, back in, when was it, 1988 or something? Rules are rules, there are no IFs. IMO.

Prost's in 1989 was far more unfair than Senna's in 1988. Senna whupped him both years (especially in 89) yet our current system would have had Prost as the champ both times.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:43 pm 
But back then reliability had more to do with the driver than it does now. You could argue that Senna overdrove his machinery and was punished as a result

At the end of the day you can only drive to the present points system. Irvine would've been 99 champion comfortably with the current system, but who cares?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:53 pm 

No, but had Heidfeld acheived consistent 2nd and 3rd's to counteract Massa and Hamilton's slightly peak and trough seasons I would have said, yes, he did deserve it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:55 pm 
Well, isn't that what Kubica did?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:02 pm 

Yes, that's why he's one of my top 3. Ideally, I would like my champion to have the most wins, but if they win numerous races and lose to someone with significantly less victories, it's indicative that they had as many bad weekends as they had good ones.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:06 pm 
I'd say Kubica was top man this year. He was probably the most consistent driver all year until the last 2 races, unlike Alonso who made quite a few mistakes in the first half of the year and Vettel who couldn't get passed lap 1 in most of the early races because people kept driving into him

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:21 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

It would be really cool to see Kubica and Vettel in the fastest cars.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next