TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:24 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 873 posts ]  Go to page Previous 133 34 35 36 3744 Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:10 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

FiatFan83 wrote:
Soul Reaver wrote:
Good video about the first part of this weekend developments, already hinting at Toto - Marko talks.

Looks like it was pulled down Do you remember who it was by?

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/@FormulaAction

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:11 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fixed link

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:08 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Apparently Red Bull have paid the whistle blower a million euros as part of her severence package

Which is another bad look on top of all the other bad looks.

If she was in the wrong and had made it all up, why reward her for a million euro for her dupliciticiousness? :?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:19 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

codename_47 wrote:
Apparently Red Bull have paid the whistle blower a million euros as part of her severence package

If she was in the wrong and had made it all up, why reward her for a million euro for her dupliciticiousness? :?

Depends on her salary and what the severance package actually is. But it's a helluva lot of money for a PA.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:26 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:

That doesn't look that much of money for a corporation like Red Bull to be frank. And probably this severance comes with a very strict NDA. Doesn't surprise me to be frank.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:33 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Looks like Marko's job at Red Bull is safe (for now).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:57 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Karan wrote:
Whelp, guess that's it then. Been a helluva two/three weeks or so at least.

Just have to hope for enough Alpine yakety sax to allow them to get bought out by Andretti, otherwise this season will descend into the snooze fest we all figured it would be after testing.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:00 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

FiatFan83 wrote:
Karan wrote:
Whelp, guess that's it then. Been a helluva two/three weeks or so at least.

Just have to hope for enough Alpine yakety sax to allow them to get bought out by Andretti, otherwise this season will descend into the snooze fest we all figured it would be after testing.

I don't see that meaning it's over

It seems one side is using whatever they can to get the other side fired or bought out....

Neither side have "won" so this is probably the worst case scenario for red bull, the battles may be over but the war is far from being finished....

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:44 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
and despite all the rumors Audi completed the Sauber acquisition

but they have until 2026 to resell it to any crook or suspicious character

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:32 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Quote:
‘Don’t be Horny, Be a Christian’

New song by U2 :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:09 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Felipe Massa, instead of getting the 2008 WDC result over-turned, is now suing the FIA for $120m

You know what, I'll cop a lot of shit for saying this, I'll probably be in the minority, but good on him. Hit them where it hurts, their wallets. If Bernie was complicit in it, I'm all for it. Talk about the bad pit stop, or what could have been all you like, I'm glad he's suing.

I'm not linking the Murdoch article I found it in, but here's quotes

Quote:
Massa believes that if the crash was properly scrutinised, he would have been crowned the 2008 champion over Hamilton, who won the title by a point.

A statement from Massa’s legal representatives said: “Mr Massa is seeking declarations that the FIA breached its regulations by failing to promptly investigate Nelson Piquet Junior’s crash at the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix, and that had it acted properly, Mr Massa would have won the Drivers’ Championship that year.

“Mr Massa also seeks damages for the significant financial loss he has suffered due to the FIA’s failure, in which Mr Ecclestone and FOM were also complicit.

“As Mr Ecclestone has admitted there was ‘enough information in time to investigate the matter’ in 2008 and ‘cancel the race in Singapore’.

“Mr Ecclestone further affirmed that, had the results of the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix been cancelled, ‘Felipe Massa would have become world champion’ and that Mr Massa ‘was cheated out of the title he deserved’.

“Attempts to find an amicable resolution have been unsuccessful, leaving Mr Massa with no choice but to initiate legal proceedings"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:48 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
FIA should send part of the debt to Ferrari because of the botched pitstops at Monaco and Singapore and the engine failure at Hungary

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:20 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

peterohanrahanrahan wrote:
Felipe Massa, instead of getting the 2008 WDC result over-turned, is now suing the FIA for $120m

You know what, I'll cop a lot of shit for saying this, I'll probably be in the minority, but good on him. Hit them where it hurts, their wallets. If Bernie was complicit in it, I'm all for it. Talk about the bad pit stop, or what could have been all you like, I'm glad he's suing.

Quote:
Massa believes that if the crash was properly scrutinised, he would have been crowned the 2008 champion over Hamilton, who won the title by a point.

A statement from Massa’s legal representatives said: “Mr Massa is seeking declarations that the FIA breached its regulations by failing to promptly investigate Nelson Piquet Junior’s crash at the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix, and that had it acted properly, Mr Massa would have won the Drivers’ Championship that year.

“Mr Massa also seeks damages for the significant financial loss he has suffered due to the FIA’s failure, in which Mr Ecclestone and FOM were also complicit.

“As Mr Ecclestone has admitted there was ‘enough information in time to investigate the matter’ in 2008 and ‘cancel the race in Singapore’.

“Mr Ecclestone further affirmed that, had the results of the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix been cancelled, ‘Felipe Massa would have become world champion’ and that Mr Massa ‘was cheated out of the title he deserved’.

“Attempts to find an amicable resolution have been unsuccessful, leaving Mr Massa with no choice but to initiate legal proceedings"

I don't know what he means "if the crash was properly scrutinised he would be the 2008 champion"

Does he mean the FIA was expected to know INSTANTLY it was a fake crash? It was obviously a duplicitous thing Renault did, but it only came out when Piquet started running his mouth off about it, until then (apparently about 2 months later for Bernie/Max, about a year later for everyone else, when Renault were about to fire Nelson)
No-one looked at it during the race and went "Ha, he did that on purpose"

(What I also think is odd and pretty funny about it is, didn't he have an identical crash the year later in practice in the same place? Did he ever speak about the irony of actually crashing the car in a place where he'd deliberately crashed the car the year before? Or did he even deliberately crash the car there again to remove suspicion and just be all "SEE!? IT IS a tricky corner, anyone saying I'm good at driving this corner is LYING" :lol: )

Anyway, the only true result of this is Massa winning and the FIA putting the only penalty on that race they can, retroactive DSQ to Alonso and everyone moves up in the finishing order 1 place, making Hamilton even MORE of a champion

Congrats spending all that money and all that festering resentment to actually have more of a points gulf between you and Lewis in the 2008 title results!

Now start dwelling on the accidents you had in Melbourne, Sepang, Silverstone (5x) and Fuji and how they are the real things costing you the title, all at your own hand :whistling:

Twitter:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:08 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Maybe they'd have fucked up the next stop any way. It is Ferrari after all.

Also, are those new comments from well known shit-stirrer Bernie or are they from the same interview he 'can't recall giving'?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:57 pm 

codename_47 wrote:
peterohanrahanrahan wrote:

Quote:

I don't know what he means "if the crash was properly scrutinised he would be the 2008 champion"

Does he mean the FIA was expected to know INSTANTLY it was a fake crash? It was obviously a duplicitous thing Renault did, but it only came out when Piquet started running his mouth off about it, until then (apparently about 2 months later for Bernie/Max, about a year later for everyone else, when Renault were about to fire Nelson)
No-one looked at it during the race and went "Ha, he did that on purpose"

(What I also think is odd and pretty funny about it is, didn't he have an identical crash the year later in practice in the same place? Did he ever speak about the irony of actually crashing the car in a place where he'd deliberately crashed the car the year before? Or did he even deliberately crash the car there again to remove suspicion and just be all "SEE!? IT IS a tricky corner, anyone saying I'm good at driving this corner is LYING" :lol: )

Anyway, the only true result of this is Massa winning and the FIA putting the only penalty on that race they can, retroactive DSQ to Alonso and everyone moves up in the finishing order 1 place, making Hamilton even MORE of a champion

Congrats spending all that money and all that festering resentment to actually have more of a points gulf between you and Lewis in the 2008 title results!

Now start dwelling on the accidents you had in Melbourne, Sepang, Silverstone (5x) and Fuji and how they are the real things costing you the title, all at your own hand :whistling:

I think you've missed the point of the legal action, Massa doesn't give a shit about the world championship result, what he wants is money. That's literally it. Even if the FIA offered to give him the money, or re-write the record book to say he was champion, he'd take the money.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:31 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

codename_47 wrote:

Does he mean the FIA was expected to know INSTANTLY it was a fake crash?

A proper review of data post race would have seen it was a fake crash, very clearly, because the throttle trace on that lap would be completely different to the previous 10 or 11. They were able to instantly (well, within 12 hours) see Schumacher had a fake crash at Monaco 2006, remember?

codename_47 wrote:
but it only came out when Piquet started running his mouth off about it,

The FIA knew what had happened long before Piquet ran his mouth off. The FIA knew within a few weeks, Jean Todt was quoted as saying Max, Charlie and Bernie knew before the final race which happened 5 weeks later.

codename_47 wrote:
retroactive DSQ to Alonso and everyone moves up in the finishing order 1 place, making Hamilton even MORE of a champion

FIA had the power to declare a race null and void, which would have made Massa WDC. Whether you think the circumstances are strong enough to consider that is open to opinion, we know which side you'd be on, but what about a jury with the facts and data in front of them?

I personally don't think he should be champion. Massa was mediocre, he sucked.

But significant corruption occurred and the FIA did nothing about it, and when they heard something about it, they buried their heads into the sands. Hypotheticals or not, had they done a proper review it could have changed the results.

Sadly, the main people involved in this whole mess are either dead (Whiting, Mosley) or old and senile (Bernie)

Massa will get a hush hush payout from the FIA, which will finance Felipinho's race career.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:32 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Why should the race be nullified? The competitor that cheated should have be excluded. You want to nullify a complete race because a competitor cheated? Exclusion for the cheating competitor is all that is required. And as pointed out, Hamilton would have won the championship by more points if that was the case. It is a case of selective reasoning by Massa.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:51 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

One of the arguments is that the dud pitstop for Massa that happened was only trigged in the first place because of the Piquets crash I believe

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:08 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

webbsy wrote:
Why should the race be nullified? The competitor that cheated should have be excluded. You want to nullify a complete race because a competitor cheated? Exclusion for the cheating competitor is all that is required. And as pointed out, Hamilton would have won the championship by more points if that was the case. It is a case of selective reasoning by Massa.

Indeed. Just because one competitor cheated doesn't mean the whole 3-day workload of 19 drivers should be nullified. Same protocol should be applied to crashing in purpose as having an illegal car, i.e., disqualification: in both cases it's about gaining advantage by breaking the rules of the sport.

My main argument against Massa's reasoning is that you can't erase 1 race and expect that afterwards everything would have happened otherwise similarly. If the Crashgate hadn't happened, it would have affected the mental state, motivation and timetable of both Felipe and Hamilton (and their teams and other people as well). Maybe Massa, feeling the pressure, would have crashed out in the last 3 remaining races - losing the championship. Or maybe after winning(?) in Singapore he would have slipped in a hotel room bathroom and broken his leg - losing the championship. There are infinite amount of possible scenarios.
You can't just ignore the Butterfly effect and say that "if X hadn't happnend, then Y had happened". No, that's just your own fantasy thinking.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:16 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Latest rumor is that Aston Martin is also in the market to scoop up Verstappen. And that Sr is even willing to sacrifice his son to make it happen.

If Stroll Sr. pulls off that move, expect more headphones to be smashed by Toto.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 873 posts ]  Go to page Previous 133 34 35 36 3744 Next