TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:45 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:10 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Hulk incident was Australia.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/fia-f ... /10543461/
Quote:
After Red Bull driver Max Verstappen crossed the line eight seconds ahead of McLaren’s Lando Norris to win the 71-lap race, “a large group” of spectators made their way onto the circuit.

This occurred at Turn 1 during the chequered flag lap while cars were still on track. Although there were no injuries, the stewards summoned race officials due to the serious safety concerns.

In line with a similar incident at the end of the 2023 Australian GP, when Nico Hulkenberg’s car was also on track in an unsafe condition due to having possible electrical discharge, Brazilian GP officials must conduct a thorough investigation and take remedial action in time for the 2024 race.

By 30 January 2024, race organisers must “present a formal remediation plan to the FIA that adequately addresses the serious concerns”.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:44 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ah, in the article I had read, they mentionned Australia too as an example where spectators stormed the track too soon. I must have mixed it up.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:24 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Schumifan wrote:
Yeah the camera shot and chequered flag positioning made it look like Perez clinched it, I still wasn't sure where the finish line actually was until your post lol. I know F1 doesn't have close finishes very often, but making it clear where the finish line is should be a fairly fundamental thing in a race of any sort (other series, cycling, athletics, horse racing, you name it, they all seem to manage it...)

And remember, here at talladega Interlagos, the finish line is not in the usual position in the tri-oval as you'd expect at other tracks, it's around the tri-oval and partway down to turn 1. :innocent:

I always was under the impression the transponder in the finish line that has to log the positions every lap has to be a different one than the start transponders that has to detect jump starts and grid position errors etc, so the two lines always have to be different,...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:31 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Soul Reaver wrote:
I couldn't find any car parking on the circuit tru F1TV onboards, nor did I see any spectator on track.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:27 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Coldtyre wrote:
Edit: just to add that my nitpicking above should not tarnish how amazing this was either way :lol: I mean give F1 fans the finish of the decade and let them find ways to complain about it :beard:

Same, I was aware I was playing right into the stereotypical grumpy TBK-er but posted anyway :lol: Was still an amazing finish.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:39 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
after one more race with track streakers and warm up lap crash is time for the Interlagos stats

.52nd win for Max Verstappen (rank 4th overall)
-17th win in 2023 (extends record)
-19th podium finish in the season (breaks own record from 2022)

.19th win for Red Bull in 2023 (equals Mercedes record from 2016)

.1060 laps on the lead for Red Bull in 2023 (87,10% of laps - breaks Mercedes record from 2016)
-percentage record still belongs to 1988 McLaren with 97,28%

.106th podium finish for Fernando Alonso (equal Alain Prost to rank 4th overall)
-9th podium without a win in Interlagos (record for a single circuit)

.13th podium finish for Lando Norris (equals Nick Heidfeld record for amount of podiums without a win)
-Depailler, Alesi, Hakkinen and Irvine all achieved 15 before their maiden win

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13