TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:30 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:02 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
finally Bernie's medals are being put into use

Abu Dhabi really wants to set a tradition, but their only tradition is for nightime boredom

I think they actually want to keep that going for next season.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:04 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
yeah they're doing like the British GP trophy, is not a permanent posession for the driver

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:37 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

:(

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:45 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
yeah they're doing like the British GP trophy, is not a permanent posession for the driver

The trophies are given permanently, but they seem to have recognised how many teams insist on keeping them, which I have always found a bit questionable when they get their own one.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:51 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Misterfreeman87 wrote:

:(

Officially, only the winner is usually allowed to do donuts. Everybody else still needs to bring the car straight back to parc ferme without delay and without stopping.

A special (and very detailed) exception was made for today (FIA = Frequently and Intensely Anal):

I suppose the team didn't want to have him breaking the rules. Still, the punishment goes to the driver, so fuck Haas in this case.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:56 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

micha wrote:
trout wrote:
Omega wrote:
After 11th race, Austria: lewis 19 points behind on Russell.
After Brazil: lewis 25 points behind on Russell.

Your point is invalid

sorry for the delayed reply - i'm slow at maths. this really comes down to where you are counting from. excluding lewis' dnf at spa lewis has been outdriving (and out-pointing) russell. qualifying results are even more revealing. and even if the points didn't add up it wouldn't automatically invalidate the point i was making - that's a false equivalent. lewis outdrove rosberg in 2016 and still lost the championship

Now you’re just twisting facts and creating your own set of rules to not admit that Russell was better than Lewis.

factually, lewis compromised the first half of his season to develop the car - this is not opinion. factually, lewis drove better than russell the 2nd half of the year (dnfs are understandably set aside when discussing a driver's form. i'm far from the first person to do this). factually, lewis outqualified russell the 2nd half of the year. points don't always tell the full story

russell had a fantastic season and may turn out to be lewis' strongest teammate by the end of his career, including alonso. like omega said, lewis didn't dominate russell showing just how strong he really is. and which also means merc may have the strongest driver pairing on the grid.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:23 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Wow when races get dull then you all spend your time revelling in your Lewis hate boners huh?

Not sure why were still arguing this after so many years, Lewis is clearly a once in a generation talent and for George to do so well bodes well for him in the future too

But the comparison between them isn't fair as stated. It's 100% true Lewis was the test bed for Mercedes early in the season as the team didn't think it was fair to sacrifice the "rookie" to do that when he'd just got to the team. (Also makes sense because Lewis has a bigger bank of experience to draw on too)

Even so, George only beat him in Australia and Imola because of 2 very fortunate VSCs when Lewis had pitted and he hadn't and that caused a huge points swing
And lets not even mention the fact he only won a race because of causing a red flag in qualifying (deliberate or not, we'll never know). Without that, other people would've deposed him and without the Lewis and Max crash he'd have likely just been a sprint race winner too as Max would've gobbled him up.

You can interpret the stats whatever way you want if you don't like Lewis, but whatever, it's not gonna change anything, we're just spaffing off on a forum and no-one from Mercedes or F1 is reading this, Mercedes didn't win and we're debating the mid positions of the top ten, who cares really?

If they make a compettitve car next year, that might change things, but atm George is happy to learn from Lewis and wait until Lewis retires so he can lead this team.

Anyway, a bad race but still a better one than I expected. I guess I was already in "appreciate every last lap because the off season withdrawl is coming" mode because it kept me entertained just enough, a bit like a longer F2 race with a potential change in the result in the closing stages but it all ending in order.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:42 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Can you for once not write anything that is the length of an average thesis?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:23 pm 
Xtreme Surfer Dude
Xtreme Surfer Dude

I agree that the race was a bit dull.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:33 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Omega wrote:

No

Twitter:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:30 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Omega wrote:

I just TL:DR it all. Often is just utter fanboi crap anyways :whistling:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:12 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Some things I've learned this morning.

1. Ferrari LITERALLY saved up their amazing strategy play for the last race, when it meant so much less:

Motorsport.com wrote:
It told the Monegasque driver: "Box opposite Red Bull."

However, the message was not real as Leclerc was long committed to a one-stop, and Ferrari was using the call to only make it look like it was going for a two-stop.

The trickery worked as Red Bull responded and pulled Perez into the pits immediately to cover off Ferrari.

Red Bull team boss Christian Horner admitted after the race that a combination of Perez’s tyre condition plus it seeing that "Ferrari were gearing up for an undercut" was behind its decision to stop the Mexican.

2. Verstappen is so young that he hasn't formed a working memory:

Motorsport.com wrote:
Fresh from the team orders row that clouded Red Bull's Brazilian GP, when Verstappen ignored a call to let Perez overtake him on the final lap to gain a position, the two-time F1 world champion felt another team orders call would've put a dampener on the end of their season.

"No, there was not, but also that is quite a tricky call to make," Verstappen said about a call to help Perez in the final stint.

"You also don't want to end up… you can possibly block, but is that fair racing? I think it wouldn't be the nicest way to go out of the championship and out of the season like that."

So, using a teammate to block your rival is fine when your name is Max...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:46 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Perez also didn't had one of his best races yesterday, he lacked pace throughout the race and when he throwed all in it was too late

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:16 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

micha wrote:
Omega wrote:

I did just take the time to read because I admit, I was curious. I regret it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:12 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Just wondered about something with regards to all those donuts being performed. Obviously they put extra strain on the drivetrain components, but do those components actually get used in the upcoming post-season test? Or like most race used components, would they get sent back to the factory for inspection/maintenance before before allocated for use again?

I suspect the latter, otherwise I can't imagine the teams would be fine with letting drivers perform donuts on components which are allocated for test use, and potentially cost the team valuable track time in case of a breakdown.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:41 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Omega wrote:
micha wrote:
Omega wrote:

I did just take the time to read because I admit, I was curious. I regret it.

You two spent all race (and all season, tbh) posting specifically furious about anything Hamilton did and any time anyone comes along and presents an alternative viewpoint (or in the real world: the facts) all you have to come back with is the length of the post?

It's not me that's looking unhinged here, I'm afraid.

Twitter:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:44 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

If you think that what you wrote are facts, then good for you!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:48 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

The fact that you can't see them is bad for you :lol:

Twitter:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:47 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

All right, I'll bite. Football in Qatar sucks and all.

A fact is for example, Verstappen won the race. Hamilton finished 6th in the championship, Russell 4th. So Russell finished higher.

What is not a fact: yeah but Hamilton deserved it more, he had bad luck,... That's an opinion. You can be right or wrong or whatever, but it's not a fact.

codename_47 wrote:
Wow when races get dull then you all spend your time revelling in your Lewis hate boners huh?

ridiculous assumption. Not a fact.

codename_47 wrote:
Not sure why were still arguing this after so many years, Lewis is clearly a once in a generation talent and for George to do so well bodes well for him in the future too

Opinion. Not a fact. Is he good? Obviously. Once in a generation? Doubt it. Could be, could not be. Not a fact.

codename_47 wrote:
But the comparison between them isn't fair as stated. It's 100% true Lewis was the test bed for Mercedes early in the season as the team didn't think it was fair to sacrifice the "rookie" to do that when he'd just got to the team. (Also makes sense because Lewis has a bigger bank of experience to draw on too)

The only fact here is that Hamilton had more experience. It's not because you put "100% true" in front of it, that it's true. Rumoured, yes. Possible, yes. 100% true? Doubt it, seems like you want it to be true to ease your mind on why he underperformed. Could even be that Mercedes told it to ease THEIR mind on why he underperformed.

codename_47 wrote:
Even so, George only beat him in Australia and Imola because of 2 very fortunate VSCs when Lewis had pitted and he hadn't and that caused a huge points swing

In the past years Hamilton became a bit famous for his luck of being able to pit under VSC when others couldn't, and generally getting everything handed to him. In 2021 it seemed like his luck started to change, he made errors, Mercedes made errors... In 2022 he had more of that bad luck, or you could also say he had less of that good luck.
I'll classify this under that's racing for you.
Imola? Where Hamilton was nowhere all weekend, qualified 13th (fact), lost a place in the sprint race (fact), and could not improve one bit and finished 13th, a lap down (fact) while Russell went from 11th to 4th? That Imola? I don't even remember a VSC there.

codename_47 wrote:
And lets not even mention the fact he only won a race because of causing a red flag in qualifying (deliberate or not, we'll never know). Without that, other people would've deposed him and without the Lewis and Max crash he'd have likely just been a sprint race winner too as Max would've gobbled him up.

This one I found the most amusing. You say let's not even mention the fact, followed up by the most hypothetical situation with assumptions and what ifs that didn't happen. And you call that a fact?
Was it deliberate? Don't know. Maybe. Seriously doubt it. But it was for a sprint race. He won the race because he won the sprint race (I assume. Not a fact. It helped him, but nobody knows what would have happened if he had started 2nd or 3rd or behind Hamilton.)
Without situation A he would have... See how stupid it is to call it a fact?

codename_47 wrote:
You can interpret the stats whatever way you want if you don't like Lewis, but whatever, it's not gonna change anything, we're just spaffing off on a forum and no-one from Mercedes or F1 is reading this, Mercedes didn't win and we're debating the mid positions of the top ten, who cares really?

Closest to a fact you came in your entire thesis. But Mercedes did win once.

codename_47 wrote:
If they make a compettitve car next year, that might change things, but atm George is happy to learn from Lewis and wait until Lewis retires so he can lead this team.

Probably true, but not a fact.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:03 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Too long, not reading, try not writing a thesis :whistling:

Twitter:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next