TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:09 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 420 posts ]  Go to page Previous 117 18 19 20 21
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:11 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

alex1369 wrote:
Juihi wrote:
Such a waste of a top seat

Yeh put Riccardo or Verstappen there, and then it will be 2016 all over again, to the finish

Bottas has won 9 races in his career, Rosberg won 9 in just 2016

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:29 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Scotty wrote:
Philthy82 wrote:
I love that absolutely no one on any site is taking that statement seriously. Strolls will be Strolls.

Had the data shown something they would have told him on the radio, which, since he was leading, they probably a) should have told him b) it was significant enough to end up on the world feed.

He had a brilliant qualifying in the wet, which he should be proud of. But leave it at that.

They said the data told them he had a massive loss of front downforce, but they... weren't sure if the data was accurate.

I mean, you'd get someone to look under the front wing in the pit stop, wouldn't you? :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:06 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Juihi wrote:
alex1369 wrote:
Juihi wrote:
Such a waste of a top seat

Yeh put Riccardo or Verstappen there, and then it will be 2016 all over again, to the finish

But its only way if he wants to win the championship, he has to go full Rosberg style, and that means crashes/contoversy sometimes.
Plus he has to be on the same level as Lewis wich he is not, in QLF yes he can beat him, but in race pace where it counts No.
He has to be consistent too. Rosberg was, he was always next to him on podium in 2nd, but when Lewis fucked up he was there to pick up the pieces, and sure you have to have some luck too.

He had the chance in Germany last year, Lewis fucked up, but what he does he puts it in the wall. :slaphead:
If i were him i would have ignored the team orders in Germany 2018 when he had a shot for vicotry.
Lewis,Nico,Senna,Schumacher they all did it if they wanted to really make it.

I cant see him beat Lewis (he is a good wingman to him for sure), on start of season he is maybe on 2.0 or 3.0 version, but once we get to mid season he keeps falling and trying to find his form back, and when he finds it around Mexico, its already over...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:32 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

alex1369 wrote:
Juihi wrote:
alex1369 wrote:

But its only way if he wants to win the championship, he has to go full Rosberg style, and that means crashes/contoversy sometimes.
Plus he has to be on the same level as Lewis wich he is not, in QLF yes he can beat him, but in race pace where it counts No.
He has to be consistent too. Rosberg was, he was always next to him on podium in 2nd, but when Lewis fucked up he was there to pick up the pieces, and sure you have to have some luck too.

He had the chance in Germany last year, Lewis fucked up, but what he does he puts it in the wall. :slaphead:
If i were him i would have ignored the team orders in Germany 2018 when he had a shot for vicotry.
Lewis,Nico,Senna,Schumacher they all did it if they wanted to really make it.

I cant see him beat Lewis (he is a good wingman to him for sure), on start of season he is maybe on 2.0 or 3.0 version, but once we get to mid season he keeps falling and trying to find his form back, and when he finds it around Mexico, its already over...

The thing is, Bottas has been Lewis's team mate for the same amount of time that Nico was, and hasn't really changed. Nico was much closer to Lewis from day 1, and in 2016 made a very clear improvement in many areas - he still mostly picked up the pieces from any misfortune, but also conclusively beat Lewis on more than one occasion.

Bottas, on the other hand, really hasn't closed the gap or fixed any of the problems.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:12 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Wow, it felt like Nico was Ham's team mate for longer than 4 seasons.

I guess in some sort of defense of Bottas, he came into the team long after Hamilton had already made his claim that it is HIS team. Hamilton joined Merc alongside Nico when it was neither of their team yet, they were still on the Schumacher reverence thing.

So I think that Nico could go toe to toe with Hamilton more, as they were on a more even footing at the beginning. Bottas's issue is that he just seems to lack the balls when it counts.

Hell, I place Webber and Berger ahead of him (even though I think all three are on the same level) simply because they had the balls to have a go and say "fuck you" in an actual on track battle not in some pathetic radio message . Bottas just chickens out basically every time.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:06 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
plus Bottas was called to get to the team simply because Rosberg retired, so he couldn't be that ready to drive there and Hamilton's talent put him slowly into a second driver condition

Had Rosberg remained for a few more years and provided proper championship fights until eventually one or both quitting tired of clashing between each other (or Ferrari hiring one of those like they did with Prost for 1990) then he would be just another Berger haha

BTW one of Rosberg's weak spots was wet weather, in this oily track he wouldn't be spinning like Bottas did but he could be struggling more while Hamilton cruised

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:27 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

EAS wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
Dan Belcher wrote:
I am shocked they didn't retire Bottas's car if it was that difficult to drive thanks to the damage. Great way to get somebody hurt or killed.

Speaking of damage...

Damage control from Stroll Snr :whistling:

It looks pretty much like that Frentzen retirement from Nurburgring-99 that was reported as an electrical failure but actually it was just that Frentzen forgot to activate the anti-stall and the car war working perfectly.

Where did this come from?

Considering both Damon and HHF conked out in almost exactly the same place (less flippers caused 2nd time around though) I thought they just really hated the dip between turn 1 and 2 as it was... :p

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:32 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

There you go
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... HSoQy.html

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:46 pm 
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan

Bottas is better than you give him imo. I'm writing a blog article ranking the runners-up in F1 in the last 50 years and I've put him mid-pack. If Lewis wasn't there, Valtteri would still be cleaning up most of the races and the championship

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:52 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

James B wrote:
If Lewis wasn't there, Valtteri would still be cleaning up most of the races and the championship

Ehhhh I wouldn't go that far. He's only 27 points ahead of Max right now and that's with Max having a tire blowout (while leading) that wasn't his fault. Even if Max was passed by Hamilton and finished second, that would have been a 21 point swing and bringing the gap to 6 points. The tuscan GP he was taken out in a crash that wasn't his fault. The Italian GP was a power unit failure and the season opener was an electrical issue. I'm only choosing to compare Max because he's the closest to Valtteri, not trying to fan boy here lol. I realize that luck and reliability always play a major factor in a world championship. The point I'm trying to make is that if even one of races had gone a bit better for Verstappen (and Hamilton not around) we'd have an epic battle for the drivers title right now and not exactly Bottas cleaning up races and the championship. I've bookmarked your blog, when do you think you'll have that post up? Sound like a great read and can I assume Rubens is number one? haha

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:51 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
well, but you must consider the scenario with no Lewis around, pretty much like the 1994 after Senna death, in which Damon got full focus from the team and was able to catch up in the championship

Bottas with full team support and with a lower rating driver aside could do a championship season

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:19 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Thats a very good point, I didn't take that part into consideration when making my post.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:40 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

EAS wrote:

Mention an F1 fuck-up from late 90's-2010, Sam Michael's name usually comes up.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:51 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

or Mike Gascoyne

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:01 am 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

God I love that 1999 Jordan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:15 pm 

sennadesillva wrote:
James B wrote:
If Lewis wasn't there, Valtteri would still be cleaning up most of the races and the championship

Ehhhh I wouldn't go that far. He's only 27 points ahead of Max right now and that's with Max having a tire blowout (while leading) that wasn't his fault. Even if Max was passed by Hamilton and finished second, that would have been a 21 point swing and bringing the gap to 6 points. The tuscan GP he was taken out in a crash that wasn't his fault. The Italian GP was a power unit failure and the season opener was an electrical issue. I'm only choosing to compare Max because he's the closest to Valtteri, not trying to fan boy here lol. I realize that luck and reliability always play a major factor in a world championship. The point I'm trying to make is that if even one of races had gone a bit better for Verstappen (and Hamilton not around) we'd have an epic battle for the drivers title right now and not exactly Bottas cleaning up races and the championship. I've bookmarked your blog, when do you think you'll have that post up? Sound like a great read and can I assume Rubens is number one? haha

Well, he finished 2nd to Lewis last year, and will almost certainly finish 2nd to him again this year. He'll presumably hit double figure wins for his career in the next year. He's in a similar boat to Rubens and probably at a similar level (and I rate Rubens quite highly compared to most people - though he won't be number 1 on the list!)

Thank you. I'll see if I can finish it tonight. Will post in one of the threads on here

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:40 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

EAS wrote:

Well there you go, it's only taken 20 odd years for this to come out, and drum roll.......Sam Michael strikes again lol.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:36 am 

Sam Michael is like a magnitude 10 earthquake

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:30 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

webbsy wrote:
EAS wrote:

Well there you go, it's only taken 20 odd years for this to come out, and drum roll.......Sam Michael strikes again lol.

I dunno, Frenzten is equally culpable tbh. They both should've remembered and they both forgot. It was a belt and braces situation and the belt broke and the braces snapped.

I wonder if the same thing happened to Damon as I'm pretty sure at the time they said both cars had the same problem. Or did Damon have ACTUAL electrical problems at the first start and they copied and pasted that press release and changed the name to HHF when he fucked up...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:40 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nah, considering how frosty the relationship was getting at that point of the season they'd have thrown Hill under the bus had he done that. He certainly had an electrical issue.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 420 posts ]  Go to page Previous 117 18 19 20 21