TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 5:25 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 3:39 pm 
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.

Sainz passes Grosjean now... Crowd goes wild ;)

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 3:42 pm 

Kvyat passed Grosjean... man, Grosjean should be fired at the end of the season...

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 3:49 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

When will Renault fire abiteboul?? Getting beaten by Red Bull’s b-team, Ferrari’s b-team and McLaren

But knowing the upper management they’ll pull out only to buy the team back in a few years at a loss

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 4:03 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Last pain in Spain. Very typical, actually. Something happened, but actually nothing that relevant.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 4:34 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

This is one of the worst seasons im watching. 2002 at least the cars were loud and colorful. Wanted to buy tickets for Austrian gp, but i decided to invest in a football match, as it delivers more excitement.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:56 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
this track is so fucked up that even safety car comes in the wrong time and stays for too long

thank God pain in Spain is over

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:31 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

DinoMarko93 wrote:
This is one of the worst seasons im watching. 2002 at least the cars were loud and colorful. Wanted to buy tickets for Austrian gp, but i decided to invest in a football match, as it delivers more excitement.

LOL, at least in 2019, the dominant team has drivers that are free to race each other

2004 was the worst season I've ever watched, closely followed by 2002 (which only gets a pass because I was watching on F1 digital which somehow made even dull parades at the Hungaroring seem interesting)

Trust me, this season might be bad, but it has 100s of stories all through the field compared to those 2 years

And well, it's Bore-celona, what else did we expect?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:49 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Top 7 in the results is the same as top 7 in the standings.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:06 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
codename_47 wrote:
Trust me, this season might be bad, but it has 100s of stories all through the field compared to those 2 years

yes, lots of stories like

ugly cars
uncharismatic drivers, even those who aren't paying
crappy tracks
crap start time of the races
crap tires
no more mechanical issues

great stories

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 11:09 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I’ve always said that 2002 and 2004 were the worst seasons in F1 for racing and competition, but 2019 is positioning itself nicely to take that (dis)honor.

In the first five races, two drivers have shared the wins and second places, so five one-twos for Mercedes, with three podiums for Ferrari and two for Red Bull. In fact, if your name is not Hamilton, Bottas, Verstappen, Vettel or Leclerc, the highest you would have finished in one of the first five races is sixth. Those are pretty damning and demoralizing stats.

Even when Ferrari and Schumacher were at their most dominant, Barrichello at least had some unreliability or threw it off the road, and then there was there were a few different teams and multiple drivers with a very decent chance of a podium. Back then Renault was re-emerging, Williams and McLaren we’re always in the fight and in 2004 BAR came on strong.

Fuck, I never thought I’d see the day when I defended those awful seasons of 2002 and 2004. But here we are.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 11:47 pm 
Eddie Jordan

Snooze fest season.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 11:53 pm 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Another Barcelona snoozer, what's new. That's 29 races and 26 won from a front row starter.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 1:58 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

@
DinoMarko93
's post made me think whether this season was the worst I have ever watched or not.

I don't think it is. But the problem with this season isn't that it is bad itself, IMO. The problem I see is that this season was brought to us with a huge expectation of either a dominance from Ferrari or a tough battle between them and Mercedes, and what it has delivered so far is an amplified version of what we've been seeing for 5 years - a dominance from Mercedes.

A friend of mine says seasons like 88, 02 and 04 might be boring but we must be thankful for watching them because this makes us privileged for being witnesses of perfection. Perhaps this is a good mind shift while we see if Bottas can step up to the challenge of beating a legend like Hamilton.

Being a bit naïve, Ferrari was very solid in the first half of last season (not like Mercedes now, obviously) and Mercedes reacted. Let's see if the crisis that might have started in Maranello right now shakes things there and we see an epic comeback.

However, I must say I'd rather seeing Mercedes doing 21 lockouts than Ferrari finishing the season with 3/4 wins while Red Bull snatches some other 1/2 wins. I think the only way teams get their shit together and move their butts to make a better F1 is if we see an unpreeceeded domination.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 3:16 am 

With reliability out of the modern F1 trouble list, this is destined to become a domination run sport. Only the names dominating at a certain period of time will change. People have forgotten the blown diffuser Red Bull dominance already? Add the team orders in place and seasons like 2003 won't happen anymore. One can argue 2007/2008 were great but it featured some major controversies along the way too. Factory teams put too much money into this to leave the results into the hands of overtaking excitement. Excitement means trouble. Besides, the rule changes are in place for 2021. We'll have to ride out the current era for 18 more months.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 3:58 am 

The worst season I have seen is 2013

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:17 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

This is how dire the current state of F1 has become....I yearn...fucking YEARN for Max Mosley to come back and ram whatever stupid shit he wants through. Instead we have limp dick Jean Todt who has done precisely fuck all in 10 years...Oh wait, no...he tried to take down Gary Hartstein for comments/opinions over Michael Schumacher and tried to sweep under the rug the FIA's inept handling of the whole Jules Bianchi crash and investigation. So there is that.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:17 am 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

Why should I even watch the remaining races if I'm not a Lewis or Mercedes fan?

God I hate F1.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:02 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

EAS wrote:
@DinoMarko93 's post made me think whether this season was the worst I have ever watched or not.

I don't think it is. But the problem with this season isn't that it is bad itself, IMO. The problem I see is that this season was brought to us with a huge expectation of either a dominance from Ferrari or a tough battle between them and Mercedes, and what it has delivered so far is an amplified version of what we've been seeing for 5 years - a dominance from Mercedes.

A friend of mine says seasons like 88, 02 and 04 might be boring but we must be thankful for watching them because this makes us privileged for being witnesses of perfection. Perhaps this is a good mind shift while we see if Bottas can step up to the challenge of beating a legend like Hamilton.

Being a bit naïve, Ferrari was very solid in the first half of last season (not like Mercedes now, obviously) and Mercedes reacted. Let's see if the crisis that might have started in Maranello right now shakes things there and we see an epic comeback.

However, I must say I'd rather seeing Mercedes doing 21 lockouts than Ferrari finishing the season with 3/4 wins while Red Bull snatches some other 1/2 wins. I think the only way teams get their shit together and move their butts to make a better F1 is if we see an unpreeceeded domination.

88 was totally not boring in my opinion. I enjoyed that one very much. We had an absolutely great battle between 2 ego's. Furthermore we still had a lot of crashes and engines going ka-boem! There were 18 teams back then!

02 and 04 there was just Schumacher winning, I hardly even remember something about it.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:09 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

webbsy wrote:
This is how dire the current state of F1 has become....I yearn...fucking YEARN for Max Mosley to come back and ram whatever stupid shit he wants through. Instead we have limp dick Jean Todt who has done precisely fuck all in 10 years...Oh wait, no...he tried to take down Gary Hartstein for comments/opinions over Michael Schumacher and tried to sweep under the rug the FIA's inept handling of the whole Jules Bianchi crash and investigation. So there is that.

But when Mosley was in charge, a lot of people were unhappy with his decisions too.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:22 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Omega wrote:
webbsy wrote:

But when Mosley was in charge, a lot of people were unhappy with his decisions too.

At least he made decisions.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next