TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:21 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2255 posts ]  Go to page Previous 125 26 27 28 29113 Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:34 pm 

StefMeister wrote:
OTT service (F1 TV Pro) officially announced:
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/head ... rvice.html

Quote:
Formula 1 fans will get commercial-free live streams of each race with multi language commentary. In addition, the service will provide exclusive access to all 20 driver on-board cameras throughout every race session. F1 TV Pro will have unique feeds not available on any other platform with the capability of multi-level personalisation.

Subscribers will be able to choose the content they view and how and when they access it. All of practice, qualifying and races, will be offered live, along with press conferences and pre and post-race interviews. Subscribers will be able to watch live races of the main support series, the FIA Formula 2 Championship, GP3 Series and Porsche Supercup, among others.

During the season, F1 TV will be made available in four different languages (English, French, German and Spanish) and will appear in nearly two dozen markets at launch (including Germany, France, USA, Mexico, Belgium, Austria, Hungary and much of Latin America). Access will initially be available through desktop and web, with mobile apps and TV apps being phased in on Amazon, Apple and Android, enabling users to watch on a range of different devices at no additional cost. Pricing for F1 TV Pro will be offered on a monthly basis of USD$8-$12, and annual rates will be priced according to market.

A less expensive, non-live subscription tier, F1 TV Access will provide live race timing data and radio commentary, as well as extended highlights of each session from the race weekend. It will also be underscored by unprecedented access to archive video content from the amazing historic archive owned by Formula 1. F1 TV Access will be available on a near-global basis at launch, to complement F1 TV Pro.

CDN and connectivity services to distribute the F1 TV content globally will be supplied by Tata Communications, Formula 1’s Official Connectivity Provider.

No RTL! (Germany)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:35 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Can't wait to see Globo parting ways with F1 to make this viable to Brazil!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:39 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
EAS wrote:
Can't wait to see Globo parting ways with F1 to make this viable to Brazil!

no more Luis Roberto ending races with that awful line "you know who?!! My dick in your arse!!!"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:51 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

LMAO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:11 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

gg Liberty, I'll buy that. Any info on the quality of the streams? 4K?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:45 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Thom Lee wrote:
StefMeister wrote:
OTT service (F1 TV Pro) officially announced:
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/head ... rvice.html

Quote:
Formula 1 fans will get commercial-free live streams of each race with multi language commentary. In addition, the service will provide exclusive access to all 20 driver on-board cameras throughout every race session. F1 TV Pro will have unique feeds not available on any other platform with the capability of multi-level personalisation.

Subscribers will be able to choose the content they view and how and when they access it. All of practice, qualifying and races, will be offered live, along with press conferences and pre and post-race interviews. Subscribers will be able to watch live races of the main support series, the FIA Formula 2 Championship, GP3 Series and Porsche Supercup, among others.

During the season, F1 TV will be made available in four different languages (English, French, German and Spanish) and will appear in nearly two dozen markets at launch (including Germany, France, USA, Mexico, Belgium, Austria, Hungary and much of Latin America). Access will initially be available through desktop and web, with mobile apps and TV apps being phased in on Amazon, Apple and Android, enabling users to watch on a range of different devices at no additional cost. Pricing for F1 TV Pro will be offered on a monthly basis of USD$8-$12, and annual rates will be priced according to market.

A less expensive, non-live subscription tier, F1 TV Access will provide live race timing data and radio commentary, as well as extended highlights of each session from the race weekend. It will also be underscored by unprecedented access to archive video content from the amazing historic archive owned by Formula 1. F1 TV Access will be available on a near-global basis at launch, to complement F1 TV Pro.

CDN and connectivity services to distribute the F1 TV content globally will be supplied by Tata Communications, Formula 1’s Official Connectivity Provider.

No RTL! (Germany)

:yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

But yeah, SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:35 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Heiko Wasser, Christian Danner and Kai Ebel from RTL's 2000s <3 My only source of F1 races back in those days :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:23 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

FINALLY. This is what I've been dreaming about ever since blood-sucking CANAL+ here in France bought the rights and didn't even bother having a separate cheaper offer for F1 fans. You needed the whole 40 euros a month package with other channels I had neither time for, nor interest in.

Quote:
monthly basis of USD$8-$12

This happens to be the maximum amount I was ready to pay for F1 races. I'd have liked a race-by-race deal to adjust for venues I can't watch, but this should do, it's worth a try. Hopefully they allow to opt in and out every month.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:25 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

BernieTV Mark II

This however seems to be infinitely better. A big game changer for the sport.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:49 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This is huge, tbh. This is exactly what Bernie refused to do for so long, and it's priced so reasonably that even I would pay for it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:22 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

RtN wrote:
More flesh on the bones of what Liberty want to do in terms of TV presentation. Most of it had already been hinted it at and it is now formally expressed.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13455 ... p-revealed

What is more interesting is that Bratches defines the pot of gold that they are chasing the rainbow to find, in terms of viewer and revenue growth.

Quote:
"We have this fictitious idea of a 22-year-old person, who is not an F1 fan but who has a friend who is an avid fan and tells him to watch [a race]," explained Bratches.

Now - be honest - would any of you recommend F1 to a friend today, and on what grounds would you do so?

I would certainly not. Unless it is on a track that could provide some good action. And even then...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:24 am 

I would recommend IndyCar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:31 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ok, let's rant again about the halo. I thought the biggest problem for me would be the sight of it. Well, it is still a huge problem.

But when I see the small vids posted so far from Barcelona, I can't help but focussing on the drivers helmet and try to figure out where it is. I never thought I would find it a problem I can't see the driver anymore. In some races we had superslomo's where we could see the drivers eyes (especially on the night races), that was usually great footage.

Last edited by aerogi on Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:10 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

aerogi wrote:
But when I see the small vids posted so far from Barcelona, I can't help but focussing on the drivers helmet and try to figure out where it is. I never thought I would find it a problem I can't see the driver anymore. In some races we had superslomo's where we could see the drivers yes (especially on the night races), that was usually great footage.

probably FOM will obligate teams to paint the halo on bright yellow on 2nd driver's cars

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:19 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

List of the 40 country's the OTT service will be available at launch.
https://www.racefans.net/2018/02/28/lis ... confirmed/

Some additional screenshots of the service, Including a little preview of some of the new TV graphics:
https://www.racefans.net/2018/02/27/for ... g-service/

More details on the live service:
https://www.racefans.net/2018/02/28/f1- ... ess-f1-tv/

Quote:
F1’s director of digital and new business Frank Arthofer said “best-in-class content security” will be used to stop fans using VPNs to access the new service.

The full F1 TV Pro service will give fans access to onboard streams from all 20 cars plus the world feed and three other channels, “one of which will be a data channel and two others are still in development,” said Arthofer.

F1 is targeting two groups of fans with the F1 TV product which it hopes to launch in time for the first race of the season in Australia, said Arthofer.

And the non-live/archive stuff:
https://www.racefans.net/2018/02/28/f1- ... o-to-fans/

Quote:
While live race streaming will only be available in a limited number of regions via F1 TV Pro, F1 TV Access will make parts of FOM’s video archive available to most viewers worldwide.

“The goal is to have a handful of races, both on a full and highlight basis, available at launch,” said F1’s director of digital and new business Frank Arthofer. “Going back to 1981, so 36 years.”

Last edited by StefMeister on Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:23 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Auto Motor und Sport are reporting that street races in Hanoi and Miami could join the schedule for 2019. Also a return to Buenos Aires is still possible.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:24 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

damn even those small caribbean tax havens get the unrestricted access but not Brazil. they pay for the rights to have an awful broadcast and not to show due to clash with football

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:39 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm pretty sure I'll suscribe to that.

But I'm still not sure to keep the Fox Sports package or not. I can still get the SD version of FS3 (the one with all the motorsport). It's a really bad quality SD, though.

It's WEC, WRC and NASCAR on HD, worth the ~ US$15/mo?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:32 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Apparently the OTT service will have multiple language commentary options to suit all regions where it will be available & will take commentary from existing broadcasters rather than producing there own.

English commentary will be from Sky, German from RTL, Italian from Sky Italy etc...

All the extra content & Pre/Post race analysis will be produced by FOM using an on-air team that will be announced next week, Expected to be Will Buxton, Rosanna Tennant, and Tom Clarkson. I've also seen Gary Anderson doing some stuff on the F1 facebook account this week so maybe he will also be involved in some way.

They hope to have a desktop version of the service ready for Melbourne with dedicated app's for various devices coming later.

IF there ends up been a working VPN solution, Goodbye Sky :wave:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:49 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Last year in the first qualifying of the Australian Grand Prix, there were graphics with small dots, which showed much more in detail how the lap was. I thought that was cool. Why did they skipped that?

Furthermore I would like to see how much a car is in front or behind the current pole lap time. It would be cool if they could draw a line so that we can see it while it is happening, and not waiting for the 2 section times.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2255 posts ]  Go to page Previous 125 26 27 28 29113 Next