TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:15 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2255 posts ]  Go to page Previous 122 23 24 25 26113 Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:26 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

gkmotorsport wrote:
No-one has done anything particularly exciting

Because everything is visually is so fucking limited in f1 to change, cant change nose, wings, this, that. Oh i miss those 80,90 2000 time where you could do big things and make the car change a lot visually, today really sucks, everything is limted in some way.
Ban this, ban that when someone invents something great, like blown diffuzer, f duct, brawn gp diffuzer etc.. straight ban.
You are only free to do what you want with livery :yuk:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:49 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

ugliest ferraris are usually very fast. this must be a fuckin rocket!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:05 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

AAAAARRRRGGGGHHH!!! MY EYES!!! MY EYES!!! THEY'RE ALL HIDEOUS!!! JUST HIDEOUS!!! :8:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:19 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
looks like they picked last year's car and attached the halo without even bothering to paint it

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:32 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Apart from Mercedes and this lazy black halo, I feel like I am not stranging halo anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:35 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

aerogi wrote:
This is by far the biggest dissappointment seeing the new cars since 1986. I was dissappointed when narrow cars were introduced and grooved tyres. I was disappointed with the step nosed cars, with the penis nosed cars. A few times I was happy, seeing the slicks back, the wider cars and bigger tyres last year.

But this halo thing, sorry, but if this is the sollution they could think off, they better make it a completely closed series like Le Mans then. I would prefer that over this.

Or you decide that open wheelers are too dangerous because of the exposion of the head and close the cockpits, or you decide to leave it like it was. But something in between is just silly. We can still see stones kick in the helmet (smaller chance, true), but I really have a hard time believing a crash that almost beheaded Alonso a few years ago, will do enough. I thought someone told me here that is part of the structure so virtual not breakable, but what I see about the Sauber the whole thing seems to be bolted seperately onto the chassis.

oh well, my interest has been declining more and more last couple of years anyway, only watching a couple of races anymore.

you obviously havent read anything about the halo. otherwise you would know that it is a structural part of the chassis and that it can support the weight of a london bus.

although, knowing sauber they might have just bolted it on :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:30 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Is it me or are 90% of the noses this year identical? Narrow, steep front into a cock n bollocks at the bottom

Only mercedes has seemed to veer away from this so far....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:13 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

It looks to me like a lmp1 cockpit with a permanent windscreen wiper in the center.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:06 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sergio wrote:
It looks to me like a lmp1 cockpit with a permanent windscreen wiper in the center.

There are a *lot* of people commenting on the 'blocked' view on Facebook, who apparently use depth perception every day without understanding why it won't work on a video. It's a little terrifying.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:20 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

AAAAARRRRGGGGHHH!!! The McLaren is orange with BLUE! What a horrible combination

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:27 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

:slaphead: Horrible combination with the blue and no sponsors at all... biggest dissapointment launch of all. Also the black halo looks horrible.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:30 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Someone photoshopped the Ferrari in a way that should pretty much be a requirement if they really want that historical payment

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:39 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

While I agree the field of view must be much better in real life, even on the side the field of view is cluttered with those winglets.

Overall it doesn't make you want to get in a cockpit and drive one. The biggest pleasure of open-cockpits compared to other cars is that unobstructed view you have of the track - but I'm digressing here because even before the HALO and winglets, cockpits have been increasingly closed off so it's nothing new and it's dictated by safety :-/

I feel that driving open-cockpit is like choosing to ride a motorcycle on the road instead of a car. The experience (in good weather) is so much more enjoyable, but you accept the added exposure. F1 seems to want the best of both worlds.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:40 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Diageo wrote:
:slaphead: Horrible combination with the blue and no sponsors at all... biggest dissapointment launch of all. Also the black halo looks horrible.

Absolutely love the colour, soooo cool to see them going back to their roots :D :D :D :D :D

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:51 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Juihi wrote:
Diageo wrote:

Absolutely love the colour, soooo cool to see them going back to their roots :D :D :D :D :D

I like the orange 8) Just not in combination with the blue and black halo :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:42 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

McLaren livery is shocking, just like their last 5 seasons.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:45 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

gkmotorsport wrote:
Sergio wrote:

There are a *lot* of people commenting on the 'blocked' view on Facebook, who apparently use depth perception every day without understanding why it won't work on a video. It's a little terrifying.

There are a lot of dumb people around, but then it might explain why there are so many accidents on the road nowadays if people are driving along the road while looking up at the sky instead of where they are going.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:47 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Diageo wrote:
Juihi wrote:
Diageo wrote:

I like the orange 8) Just not in combination with the blue and black halo :roll:

yea I agree about the blue and black halo, but if you visualise it without them :lol: it's pretty wicked!

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:30 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Ian-S wrote:
gkmotorsport wrote:
Sergio wrote:

There are a lot of dumb people around, but then it might explain why there are so many accidents on the road nowadays if people are driving along the road while looking up at the sky instead of where they are going.

If closed cockpit drivers can race with the same kind of view or even less i dont see the problem for f1 drivers.
Lets see how it goes over time.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:36 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sergio wrote:
Ian-S wrote:
gkmotorsport wrote:

If closed cockpit drivers can race with the same kind of view or even less i dont see the problem for f1 drivers.
Lets see how it goes over time.

You mean the same F1 drivers who cried wolf when the likes of HRT entered and they complained they would be so slow they would be dangerous?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2255 posts ]  Go to page Previous 122 23 24 25 26113 Next