TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 11:18 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 715 Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Gaara wrote:
LucasWheldon wrote:
I really hope FIArrari works and takes Hamilton away from pole

How would that be favouritism towards Ferrari? It's a clear cut grid drop.

either that or being #blessed by FIA

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:17 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fabs wrote:
Quote:
Hamilton explains Sirotkin incident, says Williams driver was "disrespectful"
"Everyone was on an out lap, me, Sergey and the one in front of me. When you're on an out lap, towards the end of the lap, you try to back off and get a gap

"As far as I knew no one behind was on a lap so I was making sure i had a gap, then all of a sudden out of turn 11 i saw a car coming.

"I thought someone might have been on a lap, so I went to the left and that's where he decided to go. But he wasn't on a lap so I don't really know what his thinking was.

"Between all the drivers, we all know to keep our space by that point so it was generally quite a disrespectful move...

"I was trying to get out of his way and then he got to the corner and slowed up. It was kind of strange, it was completely unnecessary because he had a space behind. Ultimately his lap and my lap weren't great.

"Hopefully he can learn from it."

:flag: :flag: :flag:

That's a faster-than-expected heel turn from Lewis. Some Paul Tracy driving and them some full-on Kurt Angle explaining :slaphead:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:23 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

As soon as I saw the incident plus the Kimi one I was 100% sure he'd get a penalty, I'm absolutely confused as to why he hasn't 8O

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:33 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Juihi wrote:
As soon as I saw the incident plus the Kimi one I was 100% sure he'd get a penalty, I'm absolutely confused as to why he hasn't 8O

This just further confirms that F1 today is more of a marketing and business venture than an actual sports that it used to be decades ago. Instead of checking the rulebook, FIA is checking their investments today to make sure their two best mannequins make the best out of it no matter what. Max didn't do anything wrong today, but we've seen this same shit when he does stupid things. Sooner or later a number one driver from the big three will cause fatal accident with this type of shit that FIA allows them to do. Never before I've seen this type of favourism in F1 before. Not even when Schumacher was dominating the show, he still had to face the penalties like everyone else. And that's how it should be.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:36 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's like that Mags block. Like that, Hamilton could have sent Sirotkin flying. Could even have caused Kimi to go flying. Kimi even said there was no telling where Hamilton was going to go because he was in the middle of the track, Kimi had to guess and he WAS on a flying lap.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:44 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

Vettel you lucky bastard :lol:

Finally a Lewis vs Seb battle again tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:05 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

This is it for me. Loyal fan since early 90s. No more. Go to Vietnam as much as you like, Liberty Media. Every betting company in the world should take f1 out of their betting, since it's rigged. Hamilton, Vettel and Verstappen can get away with murder while everyone else gets the shit.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:30 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

They'll learn eventually, it might cost someone their life, but they'll learn.

I just hop Lewis still has such a forgiving attitude if the roles are reversed, I very much doubt so though.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:39 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Fia missed the boat on this one

We could've had a legendary race tomorrow with Ricciardo, Vettel and Hamilton battling through the field, but instead we'll have a largely boring racing with Vettel outdragging Lewis to T1, Mercedes tyres not lasting as well as Ferrari's with their Q2 soft tyre trick vs Mercedes hypersoft and history of tyre blistering issues and maybe Daniel giving us 2 genuine overtakes vs everyone else jumping out of his way

And no rain

Vettel not getting penalised is worse than them all though. For all intents and purposes, everyone could've ran Q3 illegally underweight as there was no way for the FIA to check weights

And they didn't even fine him the cost of weighbridge repairs?

I'm beginning to think the conspiracy theories are true, no matter what Mercedes or Ferrari do, they're exempt from penalties. Even during an End of season race where there's largely nothing to race for... :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:42 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

things get really shitty when they show qualifying on free-to-air

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:55 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

gkmotorsport wrote:
That's a faster-than-expected heel turn from Lewis. Some Paul Tracy driving and them some full-on Kurt Angle explaining :slaphead:

This. That was some really amateurish driving from Lewis on both incidents. If there's one thing which should've been a clear cut penalty in that qualifying, it was this. But as usual no consistency from the FIA. Not entirely surprising though.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

codename_47 wrote:
Fia missed the boat on this one

We could've had a legendary race tomorrow with Ricciardo, Vettel and Hamilton battling through the field, but instead we'll have a largely boring racing with Vettel outdragging Lewis to T1, Mercedes tyres not lasting as well as Ferrari's with their Q2 soft tyre trick vs Mercedes hypersoft and history of tyre blistering issues and maybe Daniel giving us 2 genuine overtakes vs everyone else jumping out of his way

And no rain

Vettel not getting penalised is worse than them all though. For all intents and purposes, everyone could've ran Q3 illegally underweight as there was no way for the FIA to check weights

And they didn't even fine him the cost of weighbridge repairs?

I'm beginning to think the conspiracy theories are true, no matter what Mercedes or Ferrari do, they're exempt from penalties. Even during an End of season race where there's largely nothing to race for... :roll:

Yeaa but afterwards they made it sound like he didn't actually damage them.

They do still have the old weighbridge as well though.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:27 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

NVirkkula wrote:
This is it for me. Loyal fan since early 90s. No more. Go to Vietnam as much as you like, Liberty Media. Every betting company in the world should take f1 out of their betting, since it's rigged. Hamilton, Vettel and Verstappen can get away with murder while everyone else gets the shit.

Verstappen? He gets penalties for almost everything. I wonder what happened today if Verstappen did something like Vettel/Hamilton.

I am not a fan of penalties. And after hearing today stories, I can understand why they didn't give a penalty to Hamilton or Vettel. But Hamilton wasn't even under investigaton. That surprises me. Remember Mexico last year with Bottas and Verstappen. Nothing happened, but Verstappen was under investigation for impeeding Bottas. It seems there are different rules for Ferrari/Mercedes. I think there would be a punishment if it was Verstappen or an other driver.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:27 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

It still sets a weird precedent of "We call you for a serious weighbridge check, but you can not follow procedure, break our equipment and not respect the rules and we'll still let you off"

I guess the FIA have sympathy for Vettel or something, and want to let him off for this mistake
But his impatience about the weather doesn't mean he's above the weighbridge rules.

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:51 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

An accident is waiting to happen with the way cars travel round slowly on out laps then stack up waiting their turn. But at the same time everyone normally follows the same pattern and today Sirotkin did the opposite of everyone else, being at near racing speed. Plus the team have sophisticated GPS so should be able to tell them of cars nearby.

Had Sirotkin been on a flying lap then it would have been a clear cut penalty. But Lewis was stacked and waiting for his team mate to clear the way. Six of one and half a dozen of the other really.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:58 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

kals wrote:
An accident is waiting to happen with the way cars travel round slowly on out laps then stack up waiting their turn. But at the same time everyone normally follows the same pattern and today Sirotkin did the opposite of everyone else, being at near racing speed. Plus the team have sophisticated GPS so should be able to tell them of cars nearby.

Had Sirotkin been on a flying lap then it would have been a clear cut penalty. But Lewis was stacked and waiting for his team mate to clear the way. Six of one and half a dozen of the other really.

YOU....are realllllly lucky TBK doesn't do downvotes :whistling:

Like I can talk, I'd be sooooo in the negative :p

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:14 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
kals wrote:

YOU....are realllllly lucky TBK doesn't do downvotes :whistling:

Like I can talk, I'd be sooooo in the negative :p

That’s fair.

I know I’m in the minority with my point of view, that’s not unusual for me. People are entitled to feel that Lewis deserves a penalty, I can understand why. Yet there was more to the incident than just Lewis traveling slowly.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:07 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My dream is to see one day all cars in Q3 having start position penalties

Stroll pole position with Force India Racing Point Force India F1 Team

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:14 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Gaara wrote:
Yeaa but afterwards they made it sound like he didn't actually damage them.
They do still have the old weighbridge as well though.

That and they actually did obtain a weight measurement. Much ado about nothing really. Seb's the easy target this season and the 'armchair expert analysts' need someone to go after.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:02 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sirotkin hasn't blamed Lewis and painted it as just one of those things.

A sensible choice, given the engine in the back of his car.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 715 Next