TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 11:17 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 450 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 23
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:37 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:45 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

coldtyre wrote:
I feel that while Lewis and Daniel raised the correct point, Rosberg's view was closer to what race drivers think and how they all act out on the track. It's one of the rare times that I didn't cringe listening to a Rosberg defense so I'll give him this one until the marshalls sort their stuff out.

I believe that any laptime performed with a double yellow anywhere on the track should be plain cancelled. That way the driver just slows down and goes for another flying lap without trying to cheat the system. If the track is okay-ish for a timed lap, then the marshalls whould only put a single yellow.

Yep. Rosberg was the only honest one there; I refuse to believe that either of the other two would have slowed down much more had they come through at the moment Rosberg did. Everybody knows that a yellow flag essentially amounts to 'raise your hand to acknowledge and don't actually slow down'. It's a big problem, but I seriously doubt Hamilton chose immediately after quali to suddenly care about it :slaphead:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:15 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Some of these post-race posts are gold :lol:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIQa4hzgWOj/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:32 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

I've been following him on instagram for a while, fun guy :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:25 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

gkmotorsport wrote:
coldtyre wrote:
I feel that while Lewis and Daniel raised the correct point, Rosberg's view was closer to what race drivers think and how they all act out on the track. It's one of the rare times that I didn't cringe listening to a Rosberg defense so I'll give him this one until the marshalls sort their stuff out.

I believe that any laptime performed with a double yellow anywhere on the track should be plain cancelled. That way the driver just slows down and goes for another flying lap without trying to cheat the system. If the track is okay-ish for a timed lap, then the marshalls whould only put a single yellow.

Yep. Rosberg was the only honest one there; I refuse to believe that either of the other two would have slowed down much more had they come through at the moment Rosberg did. Everybody knows that a yellow flag essentially amounts to 'raise your hand to acknowledge and don't actually slow down'. It's a big problem, but I seriously doubt Hamilton chose immediately after quali to suddenly care about it :slaphead:

I think the FIA is at fault, they might has well have just red flagged the session after Alonso spun because that was the safest thing to do.

Hamilton is right though, next time he gets into a similar situation in qualifying and sees a yellow flag, he'll just think "I'll carry on at 95% of my flat out pace and wait for the green flag" when the yellow flag is supposed to mean "slow down and be prepared to stop, unless you're on a hot lap in qualifying then you're probably fine"

I've always thought the FIA's lack of policing of yellow flags bizarre even back to the Mika Hakkinen "I raised my arm to show I acknowledged the flag and continued on at 100%" days
It makes their arguments in their Bianchi defense even more hollow. Of course Jules was going to carry on at near the limit, you've encouraged a whole generation of drivers to see yellow flags as another area where the drivers are trying to extract the maximum from their performance instead of being aware of the danger like they were originally.

This one is totally on the FIA and Roberg is just the latest in a long line of drivers to react exactly as a racing driver would. Since it's unlikely anyone will ever get punished for it, why would they ever change?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:53 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Only marshalls will be hurt if a driver goes of during a double waved yellow, and they are expandable....according to the FIA. I'm amazed they haven't put a strike together.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:27 am 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

NVirkkula wrote:
Small request for everyone who captured the weekend. If possibly you can identify me from fp1 and qualifying, all material is welcome. I promised to my daughter to wave at her in TV, but she couldn't see those two sessions. So if someone wants to be a hero for me, here's probably the best chance.

So, ummm...anyone?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:38 am 

NVirkkula wrote:
NVirkkula wrote:
Small request for everyone who captured the weekend. If possibly you can identify me from fp1 and qualifying, all material is welcome. I promised to my daughter to wave at her in TV, but she couldn't see those two sessions. So if someone wants to be a hero for me, here's probably the best chance.

So, ummm...anyone?

I can recommend some torrent or usenet sources but you should PM me for that ;) .

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:36 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Gutierrez: "I had two laps to let Hamilton through".

:slaphead:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:04 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2UncleanerLake53 wrote:
Gutierrez: "I had two laps to let Hamilton through".

:slaphead:

:slaphead: :slaphead: :slaphead:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 450 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 23