TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Jun 08, 2024 11:03 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2447 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 16123 Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:34 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Ferrari honestly looks bad, the interviews are a bit negative,Binotto says they are behind. Ususally when Ferrari says that, they really are behind.
Mercedes has some cool inovations, but I think Redbull has something to say, and will make a good fight specially on street circuits.
But who knows, maybe Ferrari is sandbagging. If not I can see Mclaren and Racing Point nearby.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:28 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor

codename_47 wrote:
The amount of predictions in this thread is pretty funny

But this time last year we were handing the championship to Ferrari

Nah, that was you. Other people knew that Mercedes had something in hand when they came with an entire new car in Test 2.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:18 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
is pretty much like the mid 90's. McLaren is trying to get back to the top, the top team dominates, Ferrari is going backwards and the team owned by a big company that doesn't manufacture cars is the big contender, while traditional teams are in the back

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:18 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I wonder if you would paint all the cars in white or black, if we would know which cars it are. From the front and the nose maybe we would know, but from the side?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:32 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Fabs wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

Nah, that was you. Other people knew that Mercedes had something in hand when they came with an entire new car in Test 2.

No, it was pretty universal

This time last year was still test 1. Mercedes was doomed, Ferrari were fast.

That's what made Mercedes accelerate their program and bring the new updates earlier...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:48 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

aerogi wrote:
I wonder if you would paint all the cars in white or black, if we would know which cars it are. From the front and the nose maybe we would know, but from the side?

I agree, they really nailed that we would need a new set of rules by 2021. Every car seems to be going into the same direction aero-wise. The high sidepods, the thin nose....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:52 am 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

codename_47 wrote:
Fabs wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

No, it was pretty universal

This time last year was still test 1. Mercedes was doomed, Ferrari were fast.

That's what made Mercedes accelerate their program and bring the new updates earlier...

That wasn't the case actually. Toto Wolff said that they had already planned to do testing with two different aerokits to see which is the right way to go with their car development. Sure, Ferrari was fast from day one with their concept, but Mercedes was yawning and taking their time to decide which pair of socks should they wear that day.

Now Mercedes comes out and pulls the steering wheel on the first installation lap and the season is already over.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:23 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Ferrari last year were probably running low fuel and Merc not using "party mode"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:02 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
If the FIA wasn't a bunch of pussies they would hat cut mercedes wings by 2015 to stop this shit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:06 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

They're starting to shut down events in northern Italy, suggesting kids should not have to go to school in Milan, etc. September's F1 race feels a long way off, but it's slightly starting to feel like we might have more events missing this year... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-51602007

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:15 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

VirtuaIceMan wrote:
They're starting to shut down events in northern Italy, suggesting kids should not have to go to school in Milan, etc. September's F1 race feels a long way off, but it's slightly starting to feel like we might have more events missing this year... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-51602007
This is overall some scary stuff! It really does seem like the beginning of the dreaded "Disease X" that the medical world has feared for a long time. We will hopefully get away with this one, but it seems like it's going to get much worse before it gets better.

This is like playing that disease game on the PC and having a fast spreading virus that still has a moderate mortality rate, but one more mutation and BOOM, Ebola city.

Sent from my Umidigi One Max using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:40 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

New Zandvoort on-board lap

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:03 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

A whole lot of fear mongering and hysteria surrounding this virus. It is not the zombie apocalypse and the sad truth is you have a much higher chance of dying from the flu than you do of this.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:19 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

webbsy wrote:
A whole lot of fear mongering and hysteria surrounding this virus. It is not the zombie apocalypse and the sad truth is you have a much higher chance of dying from the flu than you do of this.

For now, yes I agree. But personally I'm on the fence with this one. Not 100% sure if people are overreacting or if its a potential hazard to the world as we know it.

One thing that does cross my mind a lot. What if, in the end, half the season gets canceled over this. Wouldnt that put an enormous * behind Hamilton's 7th or maybe Verstappen's/LeClerc's/Bottas' first title?

People for decades would talk about it and say stuff like "yeah, he won that title....but what if it was a full season? The other guy was catching up quick before the season got canceled...."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:38 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It is February. It is too soon to be talking about a possible thing in September. No need to panic yet.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:45 am 

webbsy wrote:

Exactly. The only real issue is the economic effect, feeling that in my stock portfolio lol.

Read there's cases in Bahrain now too, shouldn't they postpone that race as well then? Same goes for Vietnam. Would be funny if they suddenly scrapped 3 GP's this year.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:00 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

webbsy wrote:

Not F1 but...

That's not strictly true, last paper I read said the mortality rate of flu is less than 1%, whereas the mortality rate of Coronovirus is over 2%, plus the incubation period is so long before you start showing symptoms that the infection rate is going to be much higher as a result (you generally go down with flu a couple days after exposure, not a month later).

Sure there is fear mongering and hysteria, but take it from somebody who as a young, fit and healthy 12 year old was nearly killed by viral pneumonia (the main component of Coronovirus) this will be so much worse than the seasonal flu. Seasonal flu doesn't fill your lungs up with liquid which in turn causes a fungus to grow on your lung material, suffocating you in the process (if you're really unlucky like I was), viral pneumonia does.

Took me six to nine months to recover, and I have permanent lung damage as a result, the only thing this has in common with flu is that both start out as a cold, if anything TPTB are playing down the risks associated with it, and on the flip side, the media is going OTT.

But if you want to get anywhere fast, rub water on your brow and start coughing really loudly, the crowds in front of you will part like the seas did for Moses.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:35 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

micha wrote:
webbsy wrote:

One thing that does cross my mind a lot. What if, in the end, half the season gets canceled over this. Wouldnt that put an enormous * behind Hamilton's 7th or maybe Verstappen's/LeClerc's/Bottas' first title?

People for decades would talk about it and say stuff like "yeah, he won that title....but what if it was a full season? The other guy was catching up quick before the season got canceled...."

You mean how on the old count back/dropped race system Prost would be a 5 time World Champion and Senna two? As you know Prost actually scored more points in the season than Senna?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:37 pm 

those rules in 1988 were silly

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:11 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Anyway, chances of Imola replacing China in April are suddenly very slim. Which is kind of ironic.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2447 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 16123 Next