TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat May 25, 2024 3:20 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1578 posts ]  Go to page Previous 170 71 72 73 7479 Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:19 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

RtN wrote:
Just a quick FYI.

On the final lap Alonso (who was still pushing lest Perez catch him) set a 1:42.1.

Massa set a 1:42.0.

I will wait for all the laptimes to be put up, but I am not convinced that Massa was that much worse than Alonso on the dry tyres. The difference was that Alonso was at the front and had gapped most of his rivals by 20 seconds, whereas Felipe was in a fight against cars much better than his.

wow - he was 0:00,1s faster than Alonso. If races lasted 2 days, Massa would probably finish in front of Alonso.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:20 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

acopip wrote:
Vettel is pretty pissed off, thinks that it was karthikeyan's fault

Don't start being a moron, Seb.

Also, did Kova have a problem today? If not, he just got owned by Petrov.

Australian - All the animals look so strange

a7b7u wrote:
Post race interview of Vettel in German was priceless. He admitted that he decided to drive until the checkered flag because he thought his teams proposal to stop the car was unsportsmanlike.

Trouble in paradise at Red Bull.

Full respect to Vettel for that too.

Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: let them make on all nascar tracks roofs,there u go, make roof like on a house and they can race
American Dragon wrote:
Biggest crybaby moment of the race: Vettel saying that it was Karthikeyan's fault :lol: Bitch please.

I would say 50-50

Narain was lapped and he has to get off the way as much as he can.

But on the other Side:

Vettel moved right infront of him and touched him, but there was no need of it

Silver Member
Silver Member

To be fair massa has done something good today. If you remember The key moment of the race was when nando pitted, ham pitted behind him and when ham was about to leave the pit massa came and hold him back. He is not totally useless after all :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:21 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Ospi wrote:
a7b7u wrote:
Post race interview of Vettel in German was priceless. He admitted that he decided to drive until the checkered flag because he thought his teams proposal to stop the car was unsportsmanlike.

I'd have been confused too, with those radio calls. Might as well have said "Seb, just do whatever, we don't know what the fuck is going on!"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:21 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

phil1993 wrote:
Of course they are, but today Alonso too 25 points, Massa 0.

Yes, Massa was battling cars slower than him but he's still awful.

And no-one else will do any better.

It would probably do Ferrari good to stick Perez in there ASAP to acclimatise himself but he will be struggling to score points in that car, just like Felipe is. Because the McLaren is faster. The Red Bull is faster. The Mercedes is (probably) faster. The Sauber is faster. The Williams might be faster. Only Alonso and his talent can salvage anything for that team this year.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:23 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

RtN wrote:
phil1993 wrote:
Of course they are, but today Alonso too 25 points, Massa 0.

Yes, Massa was battling cars slower than him but he's still awful.

And no-one else will do any better.

It would probably do Ferrari good to stick Perez in there ASAP to acclimatise himself but he will be struggling to score points in that car, just like Felipe is. Because the McLaren is faster. The Red Bull is faster. The Mercedes is (probably) faster. The Sauber is faster. The Williams might be faster. Only Alonso and his talent can salvage anything for that team this year.

Massa got passed by Riccardio before Ricc pitted for the slicks. He was actually *last* of the normal cars, and falling back, whilst his team mate was leading and pulling away.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:23 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Messages at Sauber..Hmm:P

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:24 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Oh, fair enough then.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Fox wrote:
American Dragon wrote:

Narain was lapped and he has to get off the way as much as he can.

He did though - he held his line right on the outside. It's the faster car's responsibility to then safely go by him, which Seb didn't. Just a poor judgement call on his part.

Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The thing is it's so confusing to judge anything now. Yes, Perez closed Alonso down but they were maintaining a gap to the guys behind. It's so difficult but on a normal race the Ferrari would be in trouble admittedly.

What another shit weekend for Mercedes though.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ospi wrote:
a7b7u wrote:

+1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:25 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

RtN wrote:
BrainPain wrote:
RtN wrote:
Just a quick FYI.

On the final lap Alonso (who was still pushing lest Perez catch him) set a 1:42.1.

Massa set a 1:42.0.

I will wait for all the laptimes to be put up, but I am not convinced that Massa was that much worse than Alonso on the dry tyres. The difference was that Alonso was at the front and had gapped most of his rivals by 20 seconds, whereas Felipe was in a fight against cars much better than his.

Massa put himself in that spot, Alonso didn't. Massa finished 15:th, Alonso won. It is pretty much as simple as that.

I know, I know. But Felipe was running at the bottom end of the top 10 early on and only really suffered once it became a dry race.

The point I'm making, I guess, is that Ferrari are going to get massacred at all the 'regular' tracks run in the dry.
I think what really killed Massa's race was that he burned up his 2nd set of inter's faster than others, Up untill that point he wasn't doing that badly (Running 8th from memory), He lost all his time struggling around on worn tyres. When they put the 2nd set of Inter's on his pace was again good untill he killed those as well.

Ted Kravitz also said he had a very bad stop at one point.

Last edited by StefMeister on Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:27 pm 

Senna needs a mention also, I honestly don't rate him at all but he drove really well today.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:31 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

phil1993 wrote:
The thing is it's so confusing to judge anything now. Yes, Perez closed Alonso down but they were maintaining a gap to the guys behind. It's so difficult but on a normal race the Ferrari would be in trouble admittedly.

This is the story that will be missed among the rampant Perez to Ferrari stuff. How long will Rosberg continue to be so poor before Merc realise that they have their pick of drivers who could win in that car? Will Schumacher survive as well. He's not been spectacular, but he's showing something, and could have been better off if it weren't for Grosjean punting him.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:35 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

How can you be so sure Rosberg is the problem or that Schumacher is doing better? Michael's had his first 2 races cut short (no fault of his own), we have no idea what his pace would be through a full race length in this car.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:35 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

ptclaus98 wrote:
phil1993 wrote:

This is the story that will be missed among the rampant Perez to Ferrari stuff. How long will Rosberg continue to be so poor before Merc realise that they have their pick of drivers who could win in that car? Will Schumacher survive as well. He's not been spectacular, but he's showing something, and could have been better off if it weren't for Grosjean punting him.

I agree with this. Sorry, but I don't rate Rosberg. He's a great qualifier, but that's it. Even in his Williams days he just went backwards during the race. Remember his awful third stint and out laps at Singapore when in a great position? He does it almost every race - watch the live timing when he pits, and he just hemorrhages time. He did it again today. Everyone said his tyres were fucked, well whos fault is that? He had the same tyres, for the same length of time, and everybody around him was fine. He did what he always did.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:38 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Love the people calling it a conspiracy. What a load of bullshit. Yes, Sergio Perez would sacrifice a win and in doing so he'd throw it off the road rather than simply slow down.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:39 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

I like how Sky are blatantly pussy footing around the issue of conspiracy when raised. Croft mentioned it during the race, and Brundle sorta cringed and gave a cynical "yeah" then changed the subject. Whitmarsh just did it there, and the presenters all looked awkward, then ignored it. After Sky annoying some teams in the pre-season, it seems they are now going to pussy foot around anything controversial to keep the peace.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1578 posts ]  Go to page Previous 170 71 72 73 7479 Next