TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 6:11 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 11 Next
 Post subject: Re: So long, ITV-F1!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:48 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

There is something about The Chain that fits onto the F1 racing images like in the video above. Hopefully the reworked version doesn't suck.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:49 pm 
Eddie Jordan

JB-F1 wrote:
That's probably the best one I've seen so far

StefMeiser wrote:
Its been Semi-Confiormed on DigitalSpy that the BBC will use a Re-Worked version of The Chain next season.

OK then. We'll have to wait until March to see how it sounds, then

They should use one of these:

Proof you don't need the chain.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:21 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

IceMan wrote:
They should get Pendulum to rework it lol

Polysics FTW, their remixes/covers are awesome! :p

The thing most people seem to forget about this is that (it's also been semi confirmed but the guy posting this over on Digital Spy should know what he's talking about :) ) that from First practice on Friday morning until the end of the race, every session, be it practice or race, GP2 or Porsches, will be covered live on the red button.
For us hardcore fans that's surely going to be the best thing since F1 Digital....

Jake Humphries I'm willing to give a chance, I've never seen him before. Even if he's terrible I can do what I did for the last 5 years of ITV, just record the race on Sky Plus and tune in about half an hour before the race and fast forward through anything that doesn't interest me. By the time I've caught up it's usually grid walk time which means I'd only see one link of Jake's as he hands over to the commentators, hardly worth worrying about :)
But the most important thing he can have is a sense of humour. He'll need it with Eddie "I'm so great" Jordan and David "My opinion is more important that everyone else's" Coulthard going at it.

Dissapointed that once again sense doesn't prevail and the best commentator out there doesn't get the gig. But the BBC would rather promote internally than reward the best in the business for working elsewhere, and no-one can be as bad as James so it's going to be at least a small improvement.

I'm most excited about the interactive stuff though. Watching the race live then a replay entirely from the on-board channel...
Many replays of the race every 2 hours on interactive? Support races? And how much are Europeans paying for this kind of service on Premiere/Canal + etc?
This alone is light years ahead of what ITV were doing, where they just about dragged their feet into putting practice online, which was nice, but obviously not good enough.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:31 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I pay 24€ just to be able to watch it, i dont even have interactivity or any special stuff, just GP2 and pre/post race coverage (which i can live without)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:59 am 

tantric did a remake of the chain a few years ago. they may be able to use it

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:40 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

If BBC was willing to bring Kravitz over from ITV. Why didn't they also bring over Louise who's been pit reporter since, 1997.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:43 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Too bad. Her breasts are pretty much the only thing I enjoyed from ITV.

They will be missed...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:56 pm 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

hmm, all nice intros there with the chain but I wonder if the BBC will be allowed to use footage that is actually property of ITV. The intro will probably be something very 'easy' to start with that will probably advance throughout the season (like we had in the eighties).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:16 pm 
Tobias wrote:
hmm, all nice intros there with the chain but I wonder if the BBC will be allowed to use footage that is actually property of ITV. The intro will probably be something very 'easy' to start with that will probably advance throughout the season (like we had in the eighties).

Yeah, ITV weren't allowed to use any pre-97 footage for a while, hence the intro didn't contain any. Wouldn't surprise me if we had the same from the Beeb next year

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:20 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

James Allen had this to say about Jake Humphrey on his website after attending Bernie's press conference today:

Quote:
Interestingly the event was fronted by BBC’s new F1 anchor Jake Humphreys, with whom I had an enjoyable chat. He’s a decent bloke, from the looks of things and he’s followed the sport for a while, so he’s not without knowledge. And he must be a sharp operator as he got himself a nice little earner today before he’s even hosted an F1 show!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:24 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

JB-F1 wrote:
Tobias wrote:

Yeah, ITV weren't allowed to use any pre-97 footage for a while, hence the intro didn't contain any. Wouldn't surprise me if we had the same from the Beeb next year

I thought it was the FOM who "own" the footage itself. :o Or did it change slightly when ITV took over in 1997?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:32 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ted2 wrote:
JB-F1 wrote:
Tobias wrote:

I thought it was the FOM who "own" the footage itself. :o Or did it change slightly when ITV took over in 1997?

FOM own all the footage, and have done since the 80s I think. ITV's contract gave them free access to footage less than 10 years old, but they had to pay to show anything from before that. Dunno what the BBC's deal is, but there's easily enough from recent years to put into to a decent intro.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:57 pm 
I didn't realise the rights were from 10 years before. I thought that might have been a later thing. I don't remember them showing any pre-97 footage for years. Hence the F1-less intro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:05 am 

eddyjay46 wrote:

NO WAY! I just listened to it. They've murdered the song and that certain part used by the Beeb is also totally botched! NO, NO, NO! If BBC uses "The Chain", then certainly not this version!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:14 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Ferrari wrote:
If BBC was willing to bring Kravitz over from ITV. Why didn't they also bring over Louise who's been pit reporter since, 1997.

I don't mean this to sound as harsh as it's probably going to, but Louise has to be mid-40s now.

The girl the BBC employ to ask exactly the same type of questions won't be.....

I think that'll be the only difference, I don't see anything changing in the "Aww, so what happened to you?" *Driver gives 5 second explaination saying he crashed" "Aww bad luck" regard. Just the BBC will think their girl is prettier...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:03 am 

Gimsai wrote:
eddyjay46 wrote:

NO WAY! I just listened to it. They've murdered the song and that certain part used by the Beeb is also totally botched! NO, NO, NO! If BBC uses "The Chain", then certainly not this version!

What did the beeb do for the GP Masters a few years ago? Wasn't that the Chain, or Chain-related?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:22 am 

djomp wrote:
What did the beeb do for the GP Masters a few years ago? Wasn't that the Chain, or Chain-related?

They had the same version as they used it for their F1 coverage (Fleetwood Mac). Murray Walker's first words were accordingly: "Ah, they're playng our song!"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:26 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Gimsai wrote:
djomp wrote:

They had the same version as they used it for their F1 coverage (Fleetwood Mac). Murray Walker's first words were accordingly: "Ah, they're playng our song!"

Nah he said that when he did the Nurburgring race for BBC5 live in 2007.
(Proof positive that Murray commentating=awesome races! :lol: )

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:10 pm 

I think the BBC will do great. They know on what level ITV was on, and they are eager to get on that level or above that.
Can't wait to see it here in Holland as well :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:34 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Am i the only one who doesn't care if the chain returns? In all honesty i actually ended up quite liking the ITV "Lift Me Up" or whatever it was called intro. As well as the funky beat at the end.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 11 Next