TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:03 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1575 posts ]  Go to page Previous 158 59 60 61 6279 Next

Who will lead the Drivers Championship after the Japanese GP?
Poll ended at Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:53 am
Lewis HAMILTON 64%  64%  [ 21 ]
Nico ROSBERG 36%  36%  [ 12 ]
Total votes: 33
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:27 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

If you see rugby players get knocked out they put their hands up towards their chest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:28 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

gkmotorsport wrote:
IceMan wrote:
One more picture I hadn't seen yet: http://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/201 ... 943087.jpg

I found these posted to the Codemasters forum.

That's a strange one. I'd swear he has his visor up and a hand in the slot, almost as if he's rubbing his nose or something. That red bit is too far forward to be the left-hand cockpit padding; it really looks like a glove.

// Edit: I zoomed in and am now pretty sure it's an optical illusion.

Alex Wurz said that he was conscious just right after the accident, and then fastly lost it.
So yes, it could be his glove.

http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/Jule ... 82457.html

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:39 am 

Italian news this morning said that there will not be any further update from the hospital until Jules family arrives there...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:43 am 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

still critical and apparently not breathing unaided.

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/f1/9506119/bianchi-still-critical?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:51 am 

:(

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:54 am 

Did anyone mention that there was a green flag weaving in that corner after the Sutil crash and before the Bianchi one? It was showed on Sky Italia post-race...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:03 am 

They're saying his parents will arrive late this evening. I'm fearing for the worst case scenario at the moment, which would be that they are waiting for them to say goodbye to Jules.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:05 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Shit. Definitely seems like something has taken a turn for the worse. Hope I'm wrong though.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:12 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Communication from Marussia:

Quote:
6 October 2014, 16.00hrs local/08.00hrs BST

Following the accident involving Jules Bianchi during yesterday’s 2014 Formula One Japanese Grand Prix at Suzuka Circuit, the Marussia F1 Team would like to acknowledge the huge outpouring of support and affection for Jules and the Team at this very difficult time.

With regard to the communication of information concerning Jules’ medical condition, we will respect, and be guided by, the wishes of the Bianchi family. Together with Jules’ care, they will remain our highest priority. Therefore, we would ask for patience and understanding with regard to further medical updates, which will be communicated in conjunction with the Mie General Medical Center in Yokkaichi, where Jules is being treated, when they feel it is appropriate.

Representatives of the Marussia F1 Team and Scuderia Ferrari will remain at the hospital to support Jules and the Bianchi family.

Ends

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:03 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

coland wrote:
Did anyone mention that there was a green flag weaving in that corner after the Sutil crash and before the Bianchi one? It was showed on Sky Italia post-race...

The green flag is on the post after the accident scene, it's pretty close, but not wrong or unusual.

The camera is positioned at Degna 1, the green flag is being waved on the post positioned between Dunlop and Degna, and the accident is in the Dunlop curve, I don't know why people (not aimed at you) are making a big fuss about this, are people born without depth perception nowdays?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:22 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Tobias wrote:

Yesterday evening BBC said the opposite but now admits that they are not sure:

Quote:
Earlier reports in the French media said Bianchi was breathing on his own following surgery. However there are now conflicting accounts. BBC Sport is seeking clarification on his condition.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/29499545

Just wait for official reports, like we did with Schumacher.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:22 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

I missed this race and haven't had time for a full read up. Can someone post what actually happened. Was it under yellow, under SC, etc? I've heard conflicting reports.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:28 am 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

Sutil crashed. No SC, local (double, not entirely sure) yellow while a recovery tractor was towing the car. 1 lap after Sutil he went off there and hit the tractor.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:00 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ellis wrote:
I missed this race and haven't had time for a full read up. Can someone post what actually happened. Was it under yellow, under SC, etc? I've heard conflicting reports.

Sutil spun off at Dunlop in worsening rain. On the next lap, with a tractor/crane thing tending to Sutil's car, Bianchi left the track at the same point. Does't appear to have been caught on TV, but most evidence suggests he went partially under the rear of the tractor.

Sutil says there were double waved yellows, which would be the most likely scenario for a recovery vehicle on the track, but the safety car was only deployed after Bianch's accident, to allow medical vehicles to attend.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:08 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Fell asleep while watching the race late last night and I'm just catching up with this now. Awful accident, really hoping for the best for Bianchi and his family. Not going to play the blame game at this stage, but things need to change.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:12 am 

Ian-S wrote:
coland wrote:

The green flag is on the post after the accident scene, it's pretty close, but not wrong or unusual.

The camera is positioned at Degna 1, the green flag is being waved on the post positioned between Dunlop and Degna, and the accident is in the Dunlop curve, I don't know why people (not aimed at you) are making a big fuss about this, are people born without depth perception nowdays?

Well since the marshal is right over the place of the accident I simply expected yellow there too. Just my opinion and surely not the main problem on this incident.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:16 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

what do you guys think about how this was managed during TV direction?

I can understand there were no pictures showing. But to show nothing, no information at all I thought was not good either.

at least a small message of what had happened should have been enough. Our commentators (stationary here in Belgium) had to guess what happened and didn't had a clue and were just telling what the messages at twitter were saying. And these messages were very confusing as to what happened, or where it happened. It went from marshals being hit by Sutil to Bianchi crashing at some other point on the track...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:17 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yellow flags are there to warn of a danger ahead, not behind, it's close I agree, but not technically wrong, by the rules if that guy was waving a yellow, then it would be to indicate a car off between him and the next post (Degna) or in the Degna curves, not as a retrospective warning.

@
aerogi
the TV people are stuck between a rock and a hard place, show what they showed and it leads to confusion, show the reverse angle from the camera in Dunlop Curve, and they'd have been slammed for being blood hungry arseholes, probably best to let someone have their dignity than not. The reverse angle (based on the photos) would have sent social media into a meltdown had it been broadcast, and would probably have made speculation worse. They made the best of a bad situation.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:36 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ian-S wrote:
Yellow flags are there to warn of a danger ahead, not behind, it's close I agree, but not technically wrong, by the rules if that guy was waving a yellow, then it would be to indicate a car off between him and the next post (Degna) or in the Degna curves, not as a retrospective warning.

@
aerogi
the TV people are stuck between a rock and a hard place, show what they showed and it leads to confusion, show the reverse angle from the camera in Dunlop Curve, and they'd have been slammed for being blood hungry arseholes, probably best to let someone have their dignity than not. The reverse angle (based on the photos) would have sent social media into a meltdown had it been broadcast, and would probably have made speculation worse. They made the best of a bad situation.

I know, but perhaps a small message from race control along the lines of 'Bianchi crashed at same spot when towing the car of Sutil' would have helped to avoid speculation of what, who and where. Now I was watching and for one moment it looked a marshal got injured by Sutil, and the other moment it was Bianchi that had crashed under SC... because at that time the commentators (like I said are not on location), thought the SC had come out to recover Sutil's car.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:39 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I remember Olav Mol talking about having multiple screens with information.

I don't know if it's still used but at least they could flash some sort of information on that for the broadcasters so they could inform the viewers without having to actually show whats going on.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1575 posts ]  Go to page Previous 158 59 60 61 6279 Next