TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 8:56 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1183 posts ]  Go to page Previous 154 55 56 57 5860 Next

Should Grosjean be parked for a race or two?
Yes, he needs a time out 65%  65%  [ 44 ]
No, a grid penalty is enough 35%  35%  [ 24 ]
Total votes: 68
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:58 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

phil1993 wrote:
Regiotap wrote:
A grid penalty for a false start. Come on.

Alonso was given a drive through in China 2010 for a jump start. As Pastor didn't make it far enough, a 5 place penalty is sufficient

But a jump start isn't dangerous, it just gives you an unfair advantage. Surely penalties are unnecessary if you're already out of the race?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:59 pm 
The most anticipated member

I'm shocked with Williams awful strategy today. Knowing that Senna was making his best, being competitive on the top 6, they simply fucked with his tire strategy.....I hope they take that in consideration when it's time to renew the contract, Senna could have finished at least on a Top 6.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:02 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Senna had a slow puncture.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:10 pm 
Eddie Jordan

No action on Webber or Schumacher.

Fine for Caterham

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:26 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

What happened BTW with Pastor's wing? Did he drive up against someone (I assume he did) or something else?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:29 pm 
Admin - Shareholder
Admin - Shareholder

He managed to hit Glock on the restart

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:30 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Fish88 wrote:
What happened BTW with Pastor's wing? Did he drive up against someone (I assume he did) or something else?

Glock.

J.Morelli wrote:
I'm shocked with Williams awful strategy today. Knowing that Senna was making his best, being competitive on the top 6, they simply fucked with his tire strategy.....I hope they take that in consideration when it's time to renew the contract, Senna could have finished at least on a Top 6.

The Williams drivers next year will be Maldonado and Bottas.

So unless they keep Bruno around to make the coffee...

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:32 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Oh ok thx. Guess that was expectable.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:32 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Artur Craft wrote:
Eventhough I also put most of the blame on Pastor there, lot of people putted most of it on Lewis. So, you can't compare both things, really.

Maldonado is clearly hated, picked and targeted by lots of people but he at least is not causing major clusterfucks.

Grosjean is extremely clumpsy and I don't feel sorry at all for him. What he did to the Saubers was disgusting. Those guys have a really tight budget and aren't starting on front row all the time

I'm fine with Romain receiving a ban and Pastor not because the french have been causing much more harm to others to be honest. The only real race which was ruined, where Pastor was 100% guilty, was Perez's Silverstone afair. I think Maldonado does much more harm to himself than to others.

People don't hate Maldonado, people are fed up with his driving standards and the ignorant / arrogant defensive attitude he carries along with him. To say he does more harm to himself than others is utterly laughable as he compromises the races of others through the incidents he's involved in.

People like Grosjean and he's far from clumsy. People don't tend to look to far from the obvious, such as he wasn't at fault in Australia (racing incident, not Maldonado's fault either), nor he was he at fault in Monaco as Alonso moved over on him. Today was unfortunate and sometimes these things happen. When they do they need to be dealt with appropriately.

Complaining about Grosjean because Sauber's budget is pathetic, they were just a victim of circumstance and that is something they accept by being in the sport.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:34 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

RtN wrote:
Fish88 wrote:

Glock.

J.Morelli wrote:

The Williams drivers next year will be Maldonado and Bottas.

So unless they keep Bruno around to make the coffee...

PDVSA's contract with Williams stipulates that they must employ a South American driver, it doesn't dictate that driver must be Maldonado. One must wonder what conversations are going on at Williams about Maldonado's performance and future within the team.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:35 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I thought it said it must be a Venezuelan driver...

I suppose they could get Johnny Cecotto Jr. or maybe even...Viso.

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:37 pm 

Yes it has to be a Venezuelan driver, so Maldonado is safe for next season. Quite a shame because I believe Senna is better for the team than he is.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sort Senna's quali out and he'll score more points.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:41 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

I think Grosjean's penalty is fair, that was a terrible misjudgement by him. For a comparison, Kimi said that he saw in his mirrors the accident behind him so he tried to make the turn more quickly to get out of the way. Grosjean never looked in his mirrors and obviously didn't even think that Hamilton would be there. So in his mind he probably never pictured a McLaren there that he was just passing. That's a terrible mistake for not to know what's happening around you at those speeds.

Maldonado didn't deserve a ban from today's mistakes. Jump start was stupid, he was collected by the shunt in T1 and was therefore behind much slower Marussia. Come to think of it, Maldonado probably made the same mistake with Glock as Webber did with Kovalainen at Valencia 2010. But apparently the data from the accident or Pastor's track record with collisions made the stewards to give a penalty from that incident. The rules says that a DT-penalty that driver avoids because of a retirement will be replaced with a grid penalty to next race is a stupid rule that needs to be adjusted. If you cause collision and make other driver to also retire, then it makes sense. But for a jump start it doesn't.

All in all, I think a race ban is going to be given for Maldonado if he screws up at Monza.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:51 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I have mixed feelings about Grosjean's 1 race ban. Obviously no driver causes a pileup on purpose, and it's merely bad luck that other cars get involved as well. Hadn't happened in Sepang or Abu Dhabi. And it's not a valid argument that accident "was potentially dangerous"; it usually is. Besides, did they ban Jordan drivers in Monza 2000 or Ralf or Jacques in Australia 2001, where their reckless action actually led to the death of a person?
Well, given it's highly rare punishment, I don't think they start giving more bans whenever a driver is found guilty of a pileup. Plus I don't think a ban will decrease the risk of another pileup in the future. So another mayhem at Singapore.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:01 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

JJ wrote:
(...) Besides, did they ban Jordan drivers in Monza 2000 or Ralf or Jacques in Australia 2001, where their reckless action actually led to the death of a person?

These drivers did not hit other drivers every race, that's quite a difference. Of course this crash is only worth a grid penalty, but since it is Grosjean who was involved in so many start accidents this year the FIA is right to give him a break to rethink his behaviour.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:01 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

RtN wrote:

It is a South American, I'll find the article that confirms it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:06 pm 

kals wrote:
People don't hate Maldonado, people are fed up with his driving standards and the ignorant / arrogant defensive attitude he carries along with him. To say he does more harm to himself than others is utterly laughable as he compromises the races of others through the incidents he's involved in.

People like Grosjean and he's far from clumsy. People don't tend to look to far from the obvious, such as he wasn't at fault in Australia (racing incident, not Maldonado's fault either), nor he was he at fault in Monaco as Alonso moved over on him. Today was unfortunate and sometimes these things happen. When they do they need to be dealt with appropriately.

Complaining about Grosjean because Sauber's budget is pathetic, they were just a victim of circumstance and that is something they accept by being in the sport.

I was actually refering to such things he used to do in GP2. He's been doing these silly mistakes throughout his career. I also don't blame Romain in Melbourne or Monaco either. His mistake in Sepang against Schumacher was stupid but only harmed one car and wasn't specially dangerous, just as is the typical case with Maldonado, but today he ended with the races of at least 4 cars.

My memory is not very good but wasn't Grosjean also the main responsible for the big crash at Spa in 2009?

Last edited by Artur Craft on Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:09 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

kals wrote:
RtN wrote:

It is a South American, I'll find the article that confirms it.

Thank you.

Artur Craft wrote:
My memory is not very good but wasn't Grosjean also the main responsible for the big crash at Spa in 2009?

Button and Hamilton blamed him but that accident was Button's fault. He did the same to Grosjean as Grosjean did to Lewis today.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:10 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Grosjean was involved in Spa 2009 but I can't specifically remember if he was at fault or not.

As for the mistakes in GP2 I remember a few but some were his doing some weren't. But then again almost every other junior racer makes mistakes, does silly things. Maldonado (again, sorry to labour my point) was doing the same in FR3.5 and GP2. Same with Hamilton in FR2.0, F3 and GP2.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1183 posts ]  Go to page Previous 154 55 56 57 5860 Next