TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:40 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2255 posts ]  Go to page Previous 124 25 26 27 28113 Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:39 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

I would like to reverse my earlier comment. Livery isn't too bad if the halo isn't there.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:42 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

gkmotorsport wrote:
It's a shame Ferrari won't do that; we get the 'black wings' render every year and it's never wrong.

I was just browing through the thread, and I was going to say the same thing.

I remember at least, since back in 2007, when they did the red wings for the first time, after the Marlboro exit, that there has been a photoshopped Ferrari with black wings, every year.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:11 pm 
This place is Purile and Childish
This place is Purile and Childish

The paint scheme of the McLaren is amazing. Love the orange, and I don't mind the blue.
But the halo... I have no words.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:42 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Talladega wrote:
The paint scheme of the McLaren is amazing. Love the orange, and I don't mind the blue.
But the halo... I have no words.

Don't worry, @
NVirkkula
has the template you need ;)

NVirkkula wrote:
AAAAARRRRGGGGHHH!!! MY EYES!!! MY EYES!!! IT'S HIDEOUS!!! JUST HIDEOUS!!! :8:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:24 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watching footage from testing, the HALO really is bothersome. You can just see the driver's head and hands, but not enough. At least when you watch tin tops you don't expect to see the driver, here you can figure out juuuust a little, but enough is hidden.

Will we get used to it visually? Yes of course we will, the human body is amazing like that. Just like you get used to a bad smell after a while. Just like some oppressed spouses get used to domestic abuse. Just like Alonso got used to being the punchline of a joke. We will get used to it alright!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:25 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

And so one of the coolest liveries in recent times will come to an end :(

Quote:
Martini will not extend its title sponsorship of Williams when it expires at the end of the season as it exits Formula 1 after a five-year stint, Motorsport.com has learned.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mart ... l-1009390/

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:11 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

More flesh on the bones of what Liberty want to do in terms of TV presentation. Most of it had already been hinted it at and it is now formally expressed.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13455 ... p-revealed

What is more interesting is that Bratches defines the pot of gold that they are chasing the rainbow to find, in terms of viewer and revenue growth.

Quote:
"We have this fictitious idea of a 22-year-old person, who is not an F1 fan but who has a friend who is an avid fan and tells him to watch [a race]," explained Bratches.

Now - be honest - would any of you recommend F1 to a friend today, and on what grounds would you do so?

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:52 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

I'd rather advise him to get aids.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:02 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

RtN wrote:
Quote:
"We have this fictitious idea of a 22-year-old person, who is not an F1 fan but who has a friend who is an avid fan and tells him to watch [a race]," explained Bratches.

Now - be honest - would any of you recommend F1 to a friend today, and on what grounds would you do so?

One of the remarkable traits my friends point out about me is how I love F1. Some laugh at the fact I decide whether to go out on a Saturday night or not based on having F1 on Sunday. And I don't think I've ever managed to bring someone to follow the sport, even being a huge fan.

Answering to your question, would I recommend F1 to a friend today, in 2018? No. It's more likely I would recommend another sporting league, such as NFL for example.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:41 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Anecdotal example: my gf really got into all the drama last year. Ocon/Perez, the Hamilton/Vettel incident, Stroll being a clumsy yet kinda likable beginner, all the Ricciardo fun stuff, Max being Max, Romain being Romain, radio messages, penalties... It made her tune in to the next race to see what those show characters were up to next.
It also helped that I was there to explain what was actually going on in the race even when nothing was *visibly* going on.

Based on this, it seems that Liberty is on the right track to bring more people in - they focused on the above behind-the-scenes aspects last year (through the Youtube channel for example), and they want to explain the sport more to the uninitiated.

And with all due respect guys, if you don't like F1 enough to be willing to recommend it to a good friend that you can then watch and discuss the races with, then you should wonder if it's worth your time anymore altogether.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:13 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I don't watch it myself, why would I recommend it?

But even when I watched avidly, I never managed to get anyone to watch. I think it's the kind of sport that is hard to bring people into unless it's something natural within you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:24 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Coldtyre wrote:
And with all due respect guys, if you don't like F1 enough to be willing to recommend it to a good friend that you can then watch and discuss the races with, then you should wonder if it's worth your time anymore altogether.

Most times when someone hears I follow F1, someone instantly says "Oh! That's so boring!". Even though I love it, I know it is boring and I agree with this statement. We all know that if a 40% of the races of a season are good, we are having an exceptional season.

I think it's more about people sparking their curiosity themselves and the fans helping to keep them following it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:56 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
pretty much like when I meet a girl and I say that one of my top interestests is motorsports, mainly F1 and then "OMG you watch that? That is plain boring" then I laugh and agree saying that is getting harder day by day to watch the races but once every two seasons I get to see a historic race that'll be remembered for ages

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:31 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

I see this francise turned the other way around to be more usual. For example my wife constantly asks from me why I'm watching F1 and why it's so important.

And in 2018 I'm not sure I can convince her anymore.

And answering the question, would I recommend F1 to anyone is same as with many of you. I wouldn't and for the past two decades I've never been able to get anyone interested. How on earth I now suddenly would get someone interested when I feel that I shouldn't bother anymore? And this is part of Liberty's idea to get more fans? They got rid of grid girls and introduced halo and they want me to get more fans? F*ck off, it was extremely difficult before, now it's next to impossible with this product of yours. You're delucional if that's your best idea how to get more fans.

Maybe instead of listening the complainers you should listen to your fans just once? You are doing terrific job to alienate the fans away from the sports without luring in anyone. Now that we've ditched the V10s did any of the complaing greenies became a fan? No! Did you get more manufacturers to the sport with these eco-friendly hybrid engines? No, infact the only one (Audi) even remotely interested walked away because they couldn't use inline four cylinder engines!

People complained about a decade ago about complex aerodynamics and lack of overtaking and small grids with only ten teams with one team dominating the whole show year after year. And you tried to fix it with new aerorules, new teams and tires that made things interesting. Let's see what we've got today. Oh look! Complex aerodynamics, lack of overtaking and only ten teams with one team dominating the whole show year after year! :slaphead:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:53 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

quite what I see today is that doesn't have too much appeal

I watch sometimes some races from early 90's and early 00's when racing was starting to become what we have now but at least there was something different that attracted all of us and now we have a bunch of germans leaded by austrians with funny accent winning every championship, that after a bunch of austrians winning everything leaded by a german driver

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:54 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

NVirkkula wrote:
I see this francise turned the other way around to be more usual. For example my wife constantly asks from me why I'm watching F1 and why it's so important.

And in 2018 I'm not sure I can convince her anymore.

And answering the question, would I recommend F1 to anyone is same as with many of you. I wouldn't and for the past two decades I've never been able to get anyone interested. How on earth I now suddenly would get someone interested when I feel that I shouldn't bother anymore? And this is part of Liberty's idea to get more fans? They got rid of grid girls and introduced halo and they want me to get more fans? F*ck off, it was extremely difficult before, now it's next to impossible with this product of yours. You're delucional if that's your best idea how to get more fans.

Maybe instead of listening the complainers you should listen to your fans just once? You are doing terrific job to alienate the fans away from the sports without luring in anyone. Now that we've ditched the V10s did any of the complaing greenies became a fan? No! Did you get more manufacturers to the sport with these eco-friendly hybrid engines? No, infact the only one (Audi) even remotely interested walked away because they couldn't use inline four cylinder engines!

People complained about a decade ago about complex aerodynamics and lack of overtaking and small grids with only ten teams with one team dominating the whole show year after year. And you tried to fix it with new aerorules, new teams and tires that made things interesting. Let's see what we've got today. Oh look! Complex aerodynamics, lack of overtaking and only ten teams with one team dominating the whole show year after year! :slaphead:

IndyCar is the future. :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:15 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

OTT service (F1 TV Pro) officially announced:
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/head ... rvice.html

Quote:
Formula 1 fans will get commercial-free live streams of each race with multi language commentary. In addition, the service will provide exclusive access to all 20 driver on-board cameras throughout every race session. F1 TV Pro will have unique feeds not available on any other platform with the capability of multi-level personalisation.

Subscribers will be able to choose the content they view and how and when they access it. All of practice, qualifying and races, will be offered live, along with press conferences and pre and post-race interviews. Subscribers will be able to watch live races of the main support series, the FIA Formula 2 Championship, GP3 Series and Porsche Supercup, among others.

During the season, F1 TV will be made available in four different languages (English, French, German and Spanish) and will appear in nearly two dozen markets at launch (including Germany, France, USA, Mexico, Belgium, Austria, Hungary and much of Latin America). Access will initially be available through desktop and web, with mobile apps and TV apps being phased in on Amazon, Apple and Android, enabling users to watch on a range of different devices at no additional cost. Pricing for F1 TV Pro will be offered on a monthly basis of USD$8-$12, and annual rates will be priced according to market.

A less expensive, non-live subscription tier, F1 TV Access will provide live race timing data and radio commentary, as well as extended highlights of each session from the race weekend. It will also be underscored by unprecedented access to archive video content from the amazing historic archive owned by Formula 1. F1 TV Access will be available on a near-global basis at launch, to complement F1 TV Pro.

CDN and connectivity services to distribute the F1 TV content globally will be supplied by Tata Communications, Formula 1’s Official Connectivity Provider.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:31 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

StefMeister wrote:
OTT service (F1 TV Pro) officially announced:
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/head ... rvice.html

Quote:
Formula 1 fans will get commercial-free live streams of each race with multi language commentary. In addition, the service will provide exclusive access to all 20 driver on-board cameras throughout every race session. F1 TV Pro will have unique feeds not available on any other platform with the capability of multi-level personalisation.

Subscribers will be able to choose the content they view and how and when they access it. All of practice, qualifying and races, will be offered live, along with press conferences and pre and post-race interviews. Subscribers will be able to watch live races of the main support series, the FIA Formula 2 Championship, GP3 Series and Porsche Supercup, among others.

During the season, F1 TV will be made available in four different languages (English, French, German and Spanish) and will appear in nearly two dozen markets at launch (including Germany, France, USA, Mexico, Belgium, Austria, Hungary and much of Latin America). Access will initially be available through desktop and web, with mobile apps and TV apps being phased in on Amazon, Apple and Android, enabling users to watch on a range of different devices at no additional cost. Pricing for F1 TV Pro will be offered on a monthly basis of USD$8-$12, and annual rates will be priced according to market.

A less expensive, non-live subscription tier, F1 TV Access will provide live race timing data and radio commentary, as well as extended highlights of each session from the race weekend. It will also be underscored by unprecedented access to archive video content from the amazing historic archive owned by Formula 1. F1 TV Access will be available on a near-global basis at launch, to complement F1 TV Pro.

CDN and connectivity services to distribute the F1 TV content globally will be supplied by Tata Communications, Formula 1’s Official Connectivity Provider.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:59 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yes!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:13 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Looks good, for 2019. Probably a lot of problems in the beginning if the app is anything to go by. Don't want to miss any races because it is down

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2255 posts ]  Go to page Previous 124 25 26 27 28113 Next