TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:09 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6033 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1127 128 129 130 131302 Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:14 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Quote:
It was normal race contact.

It was not a normal race contact. There was not even a slight chance of getting passed, he just t-boned himself into the other car.

Quote:
I didn't expect him to fly like that

So he had the intention of hitting him, but he didn't expect the consequences to be so big? :tumble:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:12 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Shaddix wrote:
Quote:
I didn't expect him to fly like that

So he had the intention of hitting him, but he didn't expect the consequences to be so big? :tumble:

It is the same with football. When there is a bad tackle (foot forward) and the other guy is badly injured, the media will jump on it and he will get a severe punishment.

If that guy does the exact same tackle, but the other guy is able to continue playing, then there is often even no punishment at all.

Whereas I think it should always get a severe punishment, no matter what the consequenties are.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:17 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Quote:
In my opinion it was a normal race contact - but because of the low nose as soon as I touched his sidepod he took off immediately
The nose didn't look like it actually ever touched the Sauber, Was just wheel to wheel contact as the perfect angle to flip the car.

Even if the nose had hit the side-pod I don't see how it would cause a flip, Surely it would just go through it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:03 am 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

Why are we even quoting and debating this person?

Throw him out, oh wait he has money. The present day ladies and gentleman.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:17 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

He's completely delusional. The mere concept of yielding is unknown to him, as soon as there's a car alongside he will completely forget there's a corner to negotiate, and just keep his speed to try to stay ahead even if it involves spearing into stuff/people.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:35 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

StefMeister wrote:
Quote:
In my opinion it was a normal race contact - but because of the low nose as soon as I touched his sidepod he took off immediately
The nose didn't look like it actually ever touched the Sauber, Was just wheel to wheel contact as the perfect angle to flip the car.

Even if the nose had hit the side-pod I don't see how it would cause a flip, Surely it would just go through it.

There was no damage to the nose or wing on the Lotus, how can he claim it was nose to sidepod contact?

Maybe i missed it but i haven't seen any onboard footage from Pastor's car of the incident.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:34 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

So I just read an article about the Red Bull fuel flow reading. And while I agree that Red Bull should have adhered to the sensor, I was a bit surprised to read that Mercedes were there acting as a third party and making arguments in the case. Who subsequently pushed to have a suspended race ban. Bias much? Did Ferrari and Renault give evidence?

Talk about influencing the court. We will get a third party in here (who just happens to be their direct competitor) to render their opinion AND try to get the court to impose penalties on their direct competitor. I know that the court's only logical decision was to uphold the appeal, otherwise they would open up a whole can of worms and they were going to come to that judgement regardless, but there was no impartiality of that court what soever. Which to me just makes an absolute mockery of the whole process.

Edit
--------------------------------

Ok I have just found a link to the judgement and skimmed through it. So those that were present and gave evidence were Merc, McLaren, Lotus F1 Team, Williams, Force India. All competitors who would benifit from the rulling.

Last edited by webbsy on Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:02 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Scotty wrote:
webbsy wrote:
So I just read an article about the Red Bull fuel flow reading. And while I agree that Red Bull should have adhered to the sensor, I was a bit surprised to read that Mercedes were there acting as a third party and making arguments in the case. Who subsequently pushed to have a suspended race ban. Bias much? Did Ferrari and Renault give evidence?

Talk about influencing the court. We will get a third party in here (who just happens to be their direct competitor) to render their opinion AND try to get the court to impose penalties on their direct competitor. I know that the court's only logical decision was to uphold the appeal, otherwise they would open up a whole can of worms and they were going to come to that judgement regardless, but there was no impartiality of that court what soever. Which to me just makes an absolute mockery of the whole process.

Last year, Red Bull were demanding the FIA throw Mercedes out of the sport for several races for their allegedly illegal tyre testing during those hearings.

Mercedes are just doing the same thing Red Bull did to them last year in this hearing, asking for a harsher penalty.

Which just validates my point of the court being a mockery.

I have actually started reading the FIA's judgement.....i'm such a stickler for punishemnt haha and appears that McLaren, Williams and Lotus wanted to be a third party as well but the FIA only allowed Mercedes to give evidence. Maybe retribution for what Scotty pointed out above? Wouldn't put it pass the FIA to do that.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:20 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

18" rims looks absolutely twat. Who cares if it follows automotive industry really. Do you really compare your car with a F1?? I don't understand the logic. Plus as it was said, bigger inertia, which is clearly a disadvantage. They already got enough braking power, no need to increase the wheel diameter. But well, it goes in pair with the F1 evolution we have had these past few years.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:23 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Xen wrote:
18" rims looks absolutely twat.

Quoted for posterity.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:26 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

They need to go back to the big fuck off rear wheels.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:26 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
if they want to develop automotive industry, better set their development to touring cars

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:31 pm 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

surely, with all these restrictions, a new formula should be possible which is in fact superior to Formula One?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:54 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Someone pissed Kimi off.
http://www.f1times.co.uk/news/display/08791

Pittsburgh Steelers

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:09 am 
2012 F1 Pick-Ems champion

lol what a guy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:36 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

His face reminds me of this

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:25 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Tobias wrote:
surely, with all these restrictions, a new formula should be possible which is in fact superior to Formula One?

Yes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:47 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

If they would have continued with 2004 rules and slick tyres we would be at least 10 seconds faster by now.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:07 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

kals wrote:
Tobias wrote:

Yes

Are you actually seriously comparing BTCC and F1? 8O :lol:

Tobias, the LMP1 prototypes might actually be quite close! But I would imagine F1 will evolve quite fast this first year so it will probably remain quite fast.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:05 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Xen wrote:
kals wrote:
Tobias wrote:

Yes

Are you actually seriously comparing BTCC and F1? 8O :lol:

I wasn't, I was attempting to be humorous.

But let's think about it Xen... one sport is continually questioned and analyzed because of it's cost structure, rules and politics whereas the other went through a big restructure and is going through a purple patch. No F1 cannot follow a business model set to run for a national touring car championship, but certain lessons can be learned from it:

- As in the manufacturers (or legacy teams in F1's case) should never be giving majority control or stake in how things are run as it ignores the needs of the masses to satisfy the greed of the few
- You can learn a lot by listening to what all teams (new potential entries, plus all other teams) want to keep them in the sport and then using that information to understand how to shape the future of the sport to suit and assist the majority, if not all

BTCC is doing very well. The product is vastly superior in many ways to F1. Even if it is a national touring car series with low tech rules. In 2014 it has:

- Multiple champions (7)
- International drivers (2)
- Multiple manufacturers (10)
- Manufacturer entries (2)
- Cars on the grid (31)

What do you think?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6033 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1127 128 129 130 131302 Next