TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat May 25, 2024 12:52 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 454 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 523 Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:49 pm 
Eddie Jordan

I need to get myself to Rockingham and watch a proper funcup race, after watching the cars in Motorfest in 2007:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:59 am 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

After recent news, I might not be able to go to Spa.

Since when I leave college, if all goes well I will have a job in the R.A.F right away. I should be a Rockingham, with my holiday form being submitted at work so it should be ok. But I'm going if they like it or not :p.

(We are only going on the Saturday and I have Saturdays off work, just with it coming up to Easter they may ask me to work overtime. Best get it booked off early then.)

Eddy told me that Ian asked him to go to all the races, So Snetterton and Brands Hatch may also be on the cards.

Still gutted about Spa though :\. But If it came to me choosing, I would definatly have think about my career 1st.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:42 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

These things look like a hell of alot of fun to drive! I wouldn't mind testing one in the future, but i dont think Funcup is in Australia.(?)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:11 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

there's no TBK Lite Sticker :ohmy:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:53 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Congrats mate, that is fantastic... Really happy for all you guys after following everything the last few seasons... That's fantastic! :flag:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:58 pm 

:flag: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XThBEKlp-oI ............. Spa 1st lap 2006

Newsletter 3 / 2009
Team “Cuisine de France / SPAR” win Rockingham Motor Speedway six hours.

Team “Cuisine de France / SPAR raced to victory in the first round of the 2009 Fun Cup UK series at Rockingham on Saturday 4th April in their new TDI diesel Fun Cup car run by Solutions Racing.

The new diesel car was tested by Richard at Silverstone on Monday, before Ian and Marc had their first drive in the car in practice on Friday. Richards F1 engineering experience really showed through as he concentrated on the set up work. Sure enough the changes helped the car go quicker, culminating in a stunning 1.37.5 lap in qualifying by Marc to take the fastest time of all 27 cars. However, the actual start grid is drawn from the hat, so we then had to start the race from 25th place!

Ian started the race and had a great start coming by on lap one in a 11th place. Marc tool over for hour two and moved the car into 3rd, while Richard running hour three, took the lead in his stint, when JPR 1 fell foul of a minor collision and dropped some places. They recovered well to 3rd by the end.

Thereafter all three drivers kept up a quick but steady pace to hold the gap to Team RAM in second. However, the car felt so smooth to drive that by the end of the six hours we had actually extended our lead to over a lap, when Richard took the chequered flag. We took the 2nd fastest lap of the race.

This was our first race victory since Croft in 2007 and the first ever-Fun Cup victory for Solutions Racing and the first ever race win for a Fun Cup diesel TDI car.

Team
Thanks to Pete, Steve, all the Solutions Team who did a fantastic job running and preparing the car.

Thanks also to Marvin, Mike and Nick from Connell Racing for their help on the pit wall and refueling.

2009 Fun Cup
Fun Cup is the first motor racing series in the UK and Europe to be promoting the use of the environmentally friendly TDI engines. They are a 1900cc TDI, 160 bhp, VW diesel engine, produce approximately 30 % less pollution, 40 % less noise, and emit no visible smoke from the exhausts.

The Fun Cup TDI diesel engines are a step forward in motorsport technology. Powerful, clean and “green”, they have low amounts of sulphur in the diesel fuel and burn cleaner and discharge less nitrogen oxide. They have a lower emission of CO2 and are less damaging to the environment.

TV Coverage
The race will be televised on Sky Sports and Motors TV in a few weeks. I will advise you of the transmission dates when I have them.

2009 Fun Cup Long Distance race dates
2nd May 2009 Snetterton (Norfolk) 5 Hours
13th June 2009 Brands Hatch (Kent) 4 Hours
11th/12th July 2009 Spa 25 Hour (Belgium) 25 Hours
29th August 2009 Anglesey (Wales) 6 Hours
12th September 2009 Donington Park (Derby) 7 Hours
17th October 2009 Oulton Park (Cheshire) 4 Hours

http://www.connell-racing.co.uk/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:30 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well done guys :thumbsup:

I'm still a possibility for Anglesey later in the season btw :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:53 am 
Eddie Jordan

Congrats.

Really dsappointed I had a family emergency and I couldn't make it to Rockingham :(

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:20 pm 
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod

Quite awesome, Marv, well done. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:43 pm 

do the diesels requre morre cooling compaired to the petrol? an i presume that they are polly bushes

Last edited by king_hiro on Mon May 04, 2009 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Shame about the handling problem, but it's still a good effort considering.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:46 pm 

but still a fantastic effort there

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:32 pm 

Team “Cuisine de France / SPAR” followed up their Rockingham win with a very competitive 4th place in the Snetterton 5 hours on may 2nd place in the second round of the 2009 Fun Cup UK series at in their TDI diesel Fun Cup car run by Solutions Racing.

In testing on Friday, the engine was overheating, so laps were limited. The problem was tracked to a faulty sensor. In qualifying we again did very few laps as the rear tracking moved out of line after a brush with a kerb, so we qualified 7th out of the 27 cars, 15 of which were diesels. We drew 4th place on the grid.

Marc made a great start and moved into the lead at the end of lap one. He held this for a few laps before settling down to 3rd in a train of four cars. However, a quick spin followed which saw Marc drop down to 4th by the end of his stint……..but by now with very poor handling car. :? :wave:

At the first driver change to Ian, the team quickly checked over the car to find the left rear tracking had again moved out of line, so we just had to try and drive around the poor handling, despite by now dropping to 12th place.

Ian, Richard and Marc kept plugging on as fast as possible, despite the car now being very loose at the front and sliding viciously in all left hand corners. At the start of the last stint, Richard was back up to 3rd place and took second from Team Norsound with about 50 minutes to go. A fantastic dice then ensued as he fought to keep both Norsound and JPR 1 behind. With just 30 minute to go, he had stretched out a 2 second lead from these two, when the safety car was sent out bunching them all up together again!

At the re-start, Richard pushed very hard to make a break but ran wide onto the grass at the fist corner dropping him to 4th, which he held to the chequered flag. Congratulations to Team Honeywell who won. :flag:

After the race the poor handling was traced to a rear suspension that bush had collapsed, causing the suspension to flex... the reason for the poor handling. So all in all not a bad result in the circumstances!

Congratulation also to our teammates Alan, Bob and Ciro in the 248 CCS Media car, which came home 11th overall and in 2nd place in the “petrol” class for their first ever podium! The other Solutions racing prepared car (190 myhandle.Com) also finished despite gearbox problems for the novice team from Jersey.

The race will be televised on Sky Sports and Motors TV in a few weeks. I will advise you of the TV race transmission dates when I have them.

Thanks to Pete, Steve, Matt and all the Solutions Team who did a fantastic job running and preparing the car. (Well done to Ben who won the Mighty Mini race.)

Thanks also to Marvin and Mike from Connell Racing for their help on the pit wall and refueling.

Ian :wave:

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:32 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

scotty wrote:
Congratulations guys, i actually saw a review of the Rockingham race today (on Aussie TV on ONEHD). Looks awesome, bit like our Aussie Racing Cars. Would love to get involved one day.

The French MitJet series are probably far more comparable to ARC then the Fun Cup.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 3:52 am 

Just found a load of Fun Cup photo's on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/groups/dgp-funcup/pool/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/funcup/?page=17

Me wrote:
Well i thought id update this a little..

Quote:
“13” not so good for Team “Cuisine de France / SPAR” at Brands Hatch 4 hours.

Team “Cuisine de France / SPAR” will want to forget the number 13 after finishing a disappointing 13th at the Brands Hatch 4 hours on June 13th, from pit garage no 13.

Richard and Ian Connell tested the car on Friday at Brands Hatch for the third round of the 2009 Fun Cup UK series at in their TDI diesel Fun Cup car run by Solutions Racing. In Saturday qualifying Richard and Ian only did four laps each, to allow Marc who missed the Friday test, time to get use to the car set up on the circuit he had not driven at for 2 years.

We therefore qualified 8th fastest on 58.2 with Ian’s first flying lap, but then drew 15th place on the 27 car grid.

Race

Richard had a fraught start when he got pincered between the Nigel Greensall car and the JPR 131 car, which saw him off the ground and down with a bump, with a damaged splitter before the first corner!

With the handling now slightly dodgy, Richard pressed on getting up to 7th place by the end of his forty minute stint. Ian then took over and a solid stint by him had the car up to 5th place, but ending the stint knackered as the steering was out of line and therefore much heavier than normal!

Marc then continued the good work getting the car up into 3rd place by the 2 hour mark. Richard second stint looked to be going well, with him taking over 2nd place on lap 134 from Martindale racing.

However on lap 139 it all went wrong when Richard appeared in the pit lane with no clutch. A broken clutch fluid pipe was quickly diagnosed by Stuart and Pete from Solutions racing , but we still lost 9 minutes before we got going again………..now 9 laps down and way back in 20th place.

Ian, Richard and Marc kept plugging on and by the end of the race we had got back up to 13th place. (With 3rd fastest diesel race lap by Richard at 58.2.)

Congratulation to Honeywell who took their second win in a row. Our Solutions racing teammates Alan, Bob and Ciro in the 248 CCS Media car came home 6th in the petrol class, while our other teammates in the 190 Myhandle.com car failed to finish after a big shunt on lap 120. Bad luck guys…that’s racing!

Thanks to Pete and Stuart at Solutions. Thanks also to Marvin, Mike and Nick from Connell Racing for their help on the pit wall and refueling. We hope our sponsors from Coca Cola who attended the race enjoyed it!

TV Coverage

The race will be televised on Sky Sports and Motors TV in a few weeks. I will advise you of the TV race transmission dates when I have them.

Please note that the TV coverage from Snetterton has now changed. The new times and dates are listed below:
Thurs 25th June: 5.30pm (Sky Sports 3), 10pm (Sky Sports Xtra)
Fri 26th June: 2am (Sky Sports Xtra), 6.30am (Sky Sports 3), 1pm (Sky Sports 3)
Sat 27th June: 7am (Sky Sports 2) Sun 28th June: 11am (Sky Sports 3)

Next race: The big one…….Spa (Belgium) 25 hours: Driver and team news to follow soon.

Open test day Friday..

Some interesting cars on track..

Chris Rea.

On the grid..

The Saga of car 190..

Thanks to PT for the crash pics sequence...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:45 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Wow busy weekend, I hope the many video recorders I'm subscribed to on Youtube capture a lot of stuff this weekend :)

Which means, Eddington, if you're going to do something exiting (like overtake for the lead etc) please make sure you do it at Paddock Hill bend not anywhere else as there's a good chance I'll see it that way! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:32 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Interesting place to have the fuel tank...never noticed that before!

Love the "on the grid" angle. I try to do those kind of "On-board camera" type of shots every year at Autosport show, but it looks 1000% better at an actual race meeting!

Great pics EM! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:53 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Make racefan go then at least you'll have video :lol:

Since Sky dropped Raceworld and World Motorsport there's zero chance of me seeing highlights now :(

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:00 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I'll be there on friday I think... Got to be @ Zolder saturday, and @ Eindhoven sunday :lol: gonna be a busy weekend

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:46 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Eddy should have taken a Laptop with him, so he can give us some Live Updates

but of course not :roll:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 454 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 523 Next