TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat May 25, 2024 8:51 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 189 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 4:34 pm 

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DaleJr/status/866069641470332928[/tweet]

Agree completely. I cannot figure out why NASCAR stuck with it. It makes the car so aero sensitive and a real bitch to fix if you tear it up slightly (compared to the old 'valance' type front ends on the Gen-4 cars).

Post subject: Re: Cup/Xfinity @ Charlotte
Posted: Mon May 29, 2017 8:08 am 

I like the disparity in the number of pages between this and the Indy 500. I think it says something about modern NASCAR. The most exciting race of the year (Indy 500) is bookended by two of the most boring races in the world. NASCAR should move one of the plate tracks to memorial day weekend inste...

Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:50 am 

Australia TA2 Queensland highlights

Posted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:34 pm 

Sorry, I liked Kulwicki, but Hornaday's numbers blow Alan's out of the water. 4 Truck championships and a ton of race wins plus a few Busch wins far outweighs 5 Cup wins and a championship. Yeah Alan's was one hell of a feel good effort but if Alan never won that championship, he would have been le...

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:33 pm 

Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:19 am 

Try making a raced diecast of that!

Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:56 am 

I commend them with trying to get a package together that improves the racing....but they just don't seem to be smart enough to pull it off. They dirty the cars up aero wise to try and punch a bigger hole in the air to induce some sling shot type passes, but then they throw plates on them to kill t...

Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:06 am 

Reconfigured Bristol was another nail in the coffin of NASCAR. Why would you even touch your hottest ticket? Jeff Byrd, the guy who thought it up realized his mistake after the very first race but by then it was too late. He went around apologizing to every fan he could and is probably rolling in hi...

Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:27 am 

I wasn't going to watch a race other than Martinsville in the rest of the year but I thought I read somewhere today that NASCAR made another major fuckery of race administration so I downloaded a copy of the race and fast-forwarded through it in 15 mins and found nothing. But just goes to show how m...

Post subject: Re: Cup/Trucks at Dega
Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:41 am 

It's Dega tho. As long as your feet reach the pedals, you're a contender.

Post subject: Re: Cup/Trucks at Dega
Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:55 am 

It's mainly just the trade-off of too much safety but also the dangling stage point carrots. Still, I remember when they'd conga line the high lane for 490 miles and this is way, WAY better.

Post subject: Re: 2017 FE Marrakesh
Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:28 pm 

Can someone please investigate why the most unlikable douche in the sport continues to win the fan boost? Something shady is going on there imo, especially when he doesn't even use the damn thing Any time you have a fan vote, especially in today's digital age of hacks and cracks, it's always suspec...

Post subject: Re: Speedweeks 2018
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:50 pm 

Chris A wrote:
Anyone else more uneasy than normal for the ARCA race? They'll be running their new, CoT-style bodies. Lots of drag only gonna pack them up more tightly.

Uneasy? Think you mean excited. :excited:

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:01 am 

Ian-S wrote:
Even if they cucumber it, it makes no difference to his playoff eligibility (cos of Atlanta).

Yea but he lost like 7 playoff points or something.

Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:58 pm 

I don't think it has any chance of sucking as these cars race GREAT when put out of their comfort zone, and this track takes them out of their comfort zone more than any other track they've raced on in recent past. Any chance of downforce ruining the racing has been removed also with the addition of...

Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:26 pm 

The only answer is spec cars. Go full IROC and just have the driver salary to deal with like stick n ball sports. People hate to hear it and want innovation to thrive but this is 2018, not 1952 when Smokey Yunick could find ten ways to cheat, I mean innovate, his cars every week. Almost every vehicu...

Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:56 am 

So is it safe to say Honda were in fact the problem after all, given Alonso holding off marvelous Max for 5th while one Sauber finished 13th and the other blew up?

Post subject: Re: Fuck you, NASCAR
Posted: Fri May 04, 2018 9:17 am 

Atleast Youtube sees the boogity for what it is.

Post subject: Re: 102nd Indianapolis 500
Posted: Sun May 27, 2018 8:40 pm 

While the DW12 put on better racing at this track, I loved seeing the cars so difficult to drive and how they look now with the rear wheels exposed again. This is how it should be, for better or worse. Kudos to Power and his engineer. Well deserved.

Post subject: Re: Whatever at Pocono
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:48 pm 

dr dog wrote:
The 18 failed post race inspection.

Sigh, another cheated-up win that will be allowed to stand. And NASCAR wonders why it's dying. I've never heard any fan support their mantra of sending the fans home knowing who won the race at the cost of letting cheated-up wins stand. :roll:
Page 7 of 10 [ Search found 189 matches ]