TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:44 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 134 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:32 pm 

I was intrigued as to how many there actually were. Apparently there have been 17 in total - here's the full list: i. 1961 Italian GP at Monza 1) Phil Hill (USA) - Ferrari 2) Dan Gurney (USA) - Porsche 3) Bruce McLaren (NZL) - Cooper-Climax ii. 1962 French GP at Rouen 1) Dan Gurney (USA) - Porsche 2...

Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:02 pm 

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MattyWTF1/status/1320377589232504832[/tweet]

I'm not normally one for hyperbole but this is the best first lap in F1 history

Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:10 pm 

James B wrote:
A Hinch win would redeem all the buzz kills today

I hate motorsport

Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:57 pm 

Nerdy stat - we've now had the same number of HAM/BOT/VER podiums as MSC/HAK/COU - it's 2 behind the record combination (HAM/ROS/VET), so that's another record that will be broken this year: https://www.statsf1.com/en/statistiques ... /trio.aspx

Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:56 pm 

Remember the first 2 laps? Remember fun?

Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:01 pm 

What will happen is Lewis will sign a multi-year deal, Merc will keep Russell on and promise him a drive for 2022, then they'll decide they don't want to risk putting a driver in the car after a year out while Bottas is still competitive and will keep him on regardless The problem Russell's got is t...

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:35 pm 

I don't think he'll make a mistake. He'll be top in FP1, FP2 and FP3. Then in qualifying Lewis will pull one out of the bag in Q3, finish 10 seconds up the road in the race, and Bottas will be stood in the media pen looking glum and confused

Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:09 am 

Depending on who you read, it's either due to the journey from Portugal or noise restrictions at the circuit

Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:02 pm 

Some thoughts beyond the gut-punches: - Giovinazzi was good today. As was Kimi. Great result from Alfa - Solid drive from Latifi - Stroll has been nowhere since his Mugello crash and covid - Perez deserves a podium this year. Got completely screwed out of it by the team today - Sainz beats Lando aga...

Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:07 pm 

I'd like to see Lewis in a car that's only 2nd or 3rd best. He's clearly one of the best drivers that we've seen in our lifetimes, and I think we could appreciate that talent more if he had to fight harder each race. He won the world championship twice in a car that wasn't the best. He's done enoug...

Post subject: Re: Modern F1 pics
Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:27 pm 

Yeah, it was quite possibly a fantastic troll job on Mercedes' part given that Lewis finished the race on three tyres

Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:08 pm 

Formula Blue Balls strikes again. Brilliant race, so many contenders, and yet we still end up with Lewis winning by 30 seconds

Nuke it all and start again

Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:26 pm 

He hit Ocon later in the lap

Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:18 pm 

You may not like it but those inters on Lewis' car definitely wore to the point where the Merc became the best car in the conditions. Obviously it was a great drive but just because the conditions were difficult doesn't mean the best car in the field was suddenly rubbish And if anyone wants to "...

Post subject: Re: F1 Classics thread
Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:20 pm 

As requested by sennadesilva, I've finished by article ranking the F1 championship runners-up in the last 50 years. I await being yelled at for where I've ranked Bottas: https://historseye.wordpress.com/2020/1 ... ince-1970/

Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:25 pm 

Vassago wrote:
That would have been fatal in 1970s, no doubt.

Never mind the 70s, that would've been fatal about 5 years ago

Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:46 am 

Agreed on the driving standards. The way the field was bunched together through the first few corners with drivers tripping over themselves didn't feel right. There were cars going off the track on both sides, Stroll rejoined in the middle of traffic, and there were one or two cars carrying damage a...

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:15 pm 

OK so now I hope Red Bull go full chaotic evil and respond by signing Russell. That's the best outcome at this point

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:59 pm 

Codename, Coldtyre and Fabs are on the money here. 2005 was a fun year after what had felt like an interminably long period of Ferrari dominance. It got me back into F1 after losing interest for a while, because it felt like a breath of fresh air. But it wasn't really because of the racing. Imola wa...

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:38 pm 

[tweet]https://twitter.com/FIAFormulaE/status/1366002560889483266[/tweet]

A few inches from ending up in the catchfencing and spreading car parts throughout Diriyah
Page 6 of 7 [ Search found 134 matches ]