TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 7:44 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 37 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Re: 2017-18 Formula E
Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:39 am 

The environmental issue that gives EVs the "clean" tag among those who desire "environmentally friendly" is "greenhouse gas". Of course lithium mining has a carbon footprint, but so do oil sands. Yeah, lithium mining isn't exactly "clean" either in other ways....

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:58 pm 

Reportedly the material being considered for the windscreens is PPG Opticor. Here's the technical specs. Compared to standard acrylic values the strength indicators (like "tension strength" and "compression strength") seem very good, although it's obviously not the level of stron...

Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:11 am 

^ wrong thread? Eh, somewhat relevant -- the "Heidi game" is, of course, the old US football game where the last minute of the game was not shown because it ran long. A a made for TV film was scheduled right afterwards and NBC decided to play that instead. The difference, of course, is th...

Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:25 pm 

And even if it goes full green and social media savvy to promote itself to the younger generations, I still feel we'll eventually lose most of our racetracks to housing developments. It's happening bit by bit, all they have to do is build houses somewhat near, get noise complaints to limit business...

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:22 pm 

I honestly don't believe the majority of the audience cares that it's full throttle all the way around, do you? 90% of the audience will probably think it's cool when they hear WIDE OPEN THROTTLE WOO. Plus, this package will keep them bunched together like a plate race and lead to more wrecks and c...

Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:02 pm 

LOL at some fans (especially on the NASCAR front) on Twitter complaining about Rossi giving a ass whoopin, complaining about the race having a long green flag run & then some suggesting competition yellows. What's next that you want? points reset if 1 team is 20 points ahead in the Super Bowl i...

Post subject: Re: 103rd Indianapolis 500
Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:04 pm 

cookie wrote:
Can't even find an illegal stream for this.

Courtesty of Reddit, the "Tivoli Lodge Webcam" might be of interest.

Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:43 pm 

Ithe reason nobody turns up is because the on track product is shit in almost everybody but a true diehard fans eyes, Meh... random schedules from older times. 1977 Indycar schedule: 15 scheduled events 1987 Indycar schedule: 15 scheduled events 1994 Indycar schedule: 16 scheduled events 2019 Indyc...

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:41 pm 

Watching the clip, It's bad of course, but not immediate tar-and-feathers bad IMO. That word will cause problems in any American sport, but I think NASCAR actually will be *more* sensitive to this issue in some ways. (And from what I've seen, this is the case. A few other "casual N-bomb" ...

Post subject: Re: 104th Indianapolis 500
Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:35 pm 

In Indy's defense, having a pit wall in 1957 was considered revolutionary, given pretty much no other track in the world had one. That very much is true; many articles describe the new pit as "state of the art" at the time. There's a nice article I've found on pit improvements at Indy ove...

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:21 pm 

saw that one a few days ago when it came out. god indycar loves shooting themselves in the foot. From all I've heard, USAC in the 1970s was fairly incompetent at anything but running the Indy 500... there was a real good reason that CART happened. (Of course, now Indycar is owned by Roger Penske, w...

Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:22 pm 

Reading his wikipedia page is great entertainment, mostly because of this absolute horse shit... Yeah, since it's Wikipedia, you can edit some of the horse shit like the unsourced speed claim out. So I went ahead and did that. :) Also I added a note saying "come up with a better source for thi...

Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:22 am 

Yeah two races at the Indy road course? Come on... Even one is too much. :lol: Given that series owner Roger Penske owns Indy, it's kind of a "freebie". So this helped during COVID cancellations to meet race count (three races at the IMS road course in 2020 was a bit much :p but if that w...

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:42 am 

I think the move to spec cars and engines in more and more series has had the reverse effect. Sure, "evenly" matched cars should have close racing and should put the deciding factor in the skill of the driver, but instead it is the engineer who wins or loses the race these days. Moreso th...

Post subject: Re: 107th Indianapolis 500
Posted: Mon May 29, 2023 12:52 am 

Indy is usually 150 laps of waiting, surviving, saving fuel. Then 30 laps of tension rising, and 20 laps of now it's time to give it all boys! Historically, the Indy 500 was a marathon, not a sprint. In the past, there would often only be a couple of cars on the lead lap, attrition was often very h...

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:45 am 

I guess we'll never be happy until the 1992 schedule is returned exactly as it was :lol: Similar to the last proper year of CART, eight of the 16 1992 venues (Long Beach, Indy, Portland, Milwaukee, Toronto, Road America, Mid-Ohio, Laguna Seca) are on the 2024 calendar. That ain't too bad! :D Plus I...

Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:29 pm 

Talking of McLaren, could someone remind me how many Indy 500 wins they have compared to the “uncompetitive” Andretti organisation? Even in regards to FIA sanctioned series... in Formula E, Andretti has one championship (albeit not team, but the 2022-2023 WDC). McLaren has none. :p (And yes, I know...
Page 2 of 2 [ Search found 37 matches ]