TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:48 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 189 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:18 am 

But this is F1!! Not DTM. Im not talking about racing. Im talking about F1 should be faster, harder, more power, tougher on drivers like 10 years ago.... and a decent sound. And this one will be 3 or 5 slower than last year. Even the GP2 cars can keep up now with new F1 cars!!! I dont think its nor...

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:44 pm 

13 km of electric power is not really news worthy. I thought it was meant to be an actual electric car? When they have such a small internal-combustion engine that seems to be so effective, what's the point of have the electric motor in it then? It seems like it only adds weight then. Its the same ...

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:59 pm 

2001 Benetton.

Do you remember what the cause was?

Spoiler:
The 111 degree Renault engine in the back.

Post subject: Re: 2014 IndyCar Season
Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:59 pm 

Excuse him for posting IndyCar related news on the Indycar thread.

Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:32 pm 

Now what I want to see, is for them to bring back qualifying tyres. Pirelli and the FIA would be too chicken shit to do so however. There might actually be a chance of that going ahead: Furthermore, there is an idea to hand drivers extra sets of tyres for the final qualifying segment, which are ret...

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:06 am 

That camera man work for Fuji TV does he? Following the only car on that piece of tarmac and still manages to miss the actual crash. He's paid to make artistic footage for use in news broadcasts. Not to actually follow the cars as if they were racing. Besides, how many cars have you ever seen crash...

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:44 am 

One other thing people have brushed over is that engine components are locked, frozen for homologation purposes at the end of March. I can't recall the date, but lets say, if Renault haven't got their shit sorted by March 31st, they're stuck with it unless they can prove their homologation is unsaf...

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:58 am 

Simple things amuse simple people. And now we have the reason you enjoy troll baiting so much. Also, I apologise for my lack of intelligence. I simply thought that either liking or disliking the sound of the power units was a matter a personal taste. You know, something unique to everyone. Now that...

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:46 am 

Scotty wrote:
Simple things amuse simple people.

All the people I heard complaining about the lack of noise also to lack intelligence.

A well formed argument once again. You're too stupid to appreciate the rest of the sport if it's quieter. Fantastic.

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:37 am 

nea wrote:
I shall create a special forum for us dunces where we can all be thick together whilst you highly intelligent people lord it over the rest of us.

I thought the moderator's section already existed?[/runsandhides]

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:39 am 

- These cars have only 40-80hp less than the 2.4L V8's from the 2006-2013 era. Around 750hp (600hp is wrong as all hell that's without the ERS tech), possibly more, compared to not much above 800hp they were producing previously. I havent seen any torque figures, but if I was going to guess, I'd sa...

Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:35 pm 

So, the lack of ear splitting noise from the new engines is a problem for F1 which could lead to reduced attendance and less global appeal, thus tarnishing the reputation of F1 as the pinnacle of motorsport...

Really? :slaphead:

Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:30 pm 

Headline at the F1-article in Belgian newspaper today : F1 professionally assassinated First time I agree with them. And many other fans as well. We've had to take a lot of crap from this franchise over the past few years, but 2014 already takes the cake. Perhaps you should change your avatar, to o...

Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:59 am 

When Erebus went to Mercedes in Germany, they got a big fat no to use their cars in V8 Supercars. They ended up getting permission however from the Asia Pacific arm of Mercedes Benz, same group that allows them to run the GT cars. I believe, anyway. It was the other way around. AMG were keen (Erebu...

Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:10 am 

Really don't like this calling people out for unpopular votes thing, it kinda adds to the culture of ganging up on people that TBK shows from time to time. It also regularly puts the mods in a bit of a bully role. It's a fucking internet poll, is it really important enough to call people to account ...

Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:11 pm 

News just in...

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:50 am 

and 'freedom in car design'? I mean, paint the Audi's, Porsches and Toyota's in the same colour, and there won't be that much difference, not more or less than comparing F1 cars. Yes there would. No offence, but this comment is completely uninformed and quite unlike you. None of those cars are even...

Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:01 am 

Everybody's entitled to their own opinion.

Posted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:31 am 

I must be drunk, I agree with the two posters above.

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:23 pm 

Scotty wrote:
How long until race start? Anyone got a good pre-race stream?

90 minutes
Page 4 of 10 [ Search found 189 matches ]